Welcome to Eighth Grade!
Welcome Class of 2019!
The best way to reach me is through my email address:
January 24, 2019
- January 27-February 1 Catholic Schools' Week
- February 1--12:00 Dismissal No Cares
- Bake Sales--January 29 Room 210
- Bake Sales--February 6 Room 209
- Candy Gram Sales begin --February 4th
- Gown Money due ASAP $25.00
- February 14th--Prevent in the Classroom Please see Prevent calendar
- February 15th-No School for students
- February 18th-No School for students
- Graduation Pictures March 1st
- March 11th --Trip Money due
January 7, 2019
- Bake Sales--Jan 9, 16, 23, 30
- January 10 @ 6:00 Prevent dinner for parents--
- January 17--Prevent begins in classroom
- January 11-- Graduation gown measuring
- January 14--Of Mice and Men book is needed (Outsiders is needed as soon as we finish of Mice and Men)
- January 23-- Gown money due (I will send you an exact amount as soon as I get it)
- January 27--Scholastic Book Fair-
- March 11--NYC trip balance due (Please do not forget to send in your clearances if you are going on the trip! Thank you so much for going on the trip!)t
January 1, 2019
Happy New Year!
Okay, here we go!
Happy December! Merry Christmas!
December 6, 2018
So eighth grade is on the move again....
We have been practicing for our Christmas Pageant for the last two weeks. I am sure it comes with bittersweet feelings that this is the last one! The class is working so hard. Once again I sound like a broken record, but I am very proud of them all!
We will be celebrating Christmas with our Little Buddies in Kindergarten. We usually bring them a pair of mittens. This is where you come in. Could you please send in a pair of mittens or $1.00 and I will go buy them so we can offer them to our little friends?
Thank you for signing up for the conferences. If you have not done so, there are still a few spots left. These conferences are mandatory.
Please think ahead and apply for your clearances for our trip to NYC! I will be writing about that before you know it!
Finally, for now, shadow days have gone wonderfully! We are winding down, but next week is a perfect time to shadow. We are off on Wednesday, Dec 12th and Friday, Dec 14th. Please don't schedule any other day from now until Christmas because of Pageant practice. Thank you so much for everything! Enjoy the season!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families! I am very thankful for all of my students and for all of you!
Thank you all for all of your help with trip money and trips! Those events, even though they are great experiences, really make me nervous in the planning! We are still on good footing, and everyone is doing well! We are moving forward to our Christmas Pageant. You will soon realize how much work and planning this takes. It really does take a village! I did send home costumes for the pageant according to the roles. Most can be washed (if you wish--totally not necessary) in cold water. NO DRYER, NO BLEACH! Please keep all parts together. Thank you for this!
Conferences are also coming up! I will send out a sign-up within a week or two. These are mandatory conferences. I honestly look forward to seeing you so that we can discuss the positive and work on anything else together.
Finally, ( for now ) I will be spending more class time on assignments because of the busy holiday season upon you and me! I ask that students keep up with First in Math, though. We will be working on the novel OF MICE AND MEN. Please help your child obtain a copy (Kindle, library, purchase, borrow, etc) for December 3rd.
October 29, 2018
I have been sending quite a few emails out lately. Please let me know if you are not receiving my emails. It has become my main form of communication.
Class Trip to New York! Wednesday, May 29th, 2019
Thank you so much to those of you that volunteered to chaperone. I do apologize that chaperones have to pay the full price for a ticket. Mr. Peterson and I are both paying, also. There are no free tickets on this trip. So, I greatly appreciate your coming with us!
A deposit of at least $119 is due by November 16th so that our ticket to the show can be guaranteed. Your final balance will not be due until February. The total cost is $224 per person. I will get permission slips out later, but the deposit is important. Thank you so very much!
Also, we are looking for a committee to plan our Holiday celebration dinner. If anyone would be interested in this job, please let me know. We choose a day before Christmas vacation (can you believe that we are even talking about this) to have dinner for and with the 8th grade. Everything is usually homemade by our parents and guardians. I can give more details if you are interested. It has been a very nice tradition started for our children, and they really enjoy it!
Also, please make sure that you are on Option C. All Catholic high schools will be using this as a vehicle for acceptance.
Finally, for now, we have a very busy week coming up:
- November 13th Candid and group pictures for the yearbook. Please no shadowing that day.
- November 14th Last bake sale for November. We will resume in December!
- November 15th trip to Bonner-Prendie for Newsies performance. Class of 19 t shirt and gym uniform should be worn.
- November 16, 2019 NYC trip deposit is due! $119 per person attending is necessary to hold our tickets!!!!!!
- November 16th trip to Upper Darby for The Nutcracker. Class of 19 t-shirt and gym uniforms should be worn.
- November 21, 22, 23 Thanksgiving holidays!
October 11, 2018
Ok so now we are in full swing! I honestly think that the year is going well so far. I hope that you are all feeling this as well. So much has happened already, but so much is still ahead. There are quite a few things due. Please read through my pages. Shadowing should be happening now. Plan yours please.
We had a wonderful evening at high school night. Twelve schools were present. It gave us a chance to actually introduce our students to the schools of their choice.
I am anticipating a very exciting school year with you. There are many happenings this year that will act as a bridge for you into high school. It is very important that you stay up to date and prepared for all activities and keep an open line of communication with me. I will use this page as a vehicle to keep this school year going smoothly and pleasantly! Check it often for news! Enjoy the rest of the summer!