All students entering 7th Grade in school year 2018 - 2019 are required to have documentation of having had a TDaP (Tetanus, Diphtheria,and Pertussis) and Meningococcal immunizations or an exemption on file before the start of the school year.
Please contact your child's health care provider to be sure they are up to date with these immunizations. Please submit proof of immunization to the school. If you have any questions please contact Joan Holmes RN, School Nurse at email@example.com
State of Maine Requirements - Maine Law (20-A M.R.S.A. 6358, Chapters 126 & 261) ***
Requires students enrolled in grades K-12 be immunized against:
- Diphtheria - 5 doses (4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Tetanus - 5 doses (4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Pertussis - 5 doses (4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Measles - 2 doses
- Mumps - 2 doses
- Rubella - 2 doses
- Polio - - 4 doses (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Varicella(chicken pox) - 1 dose
- Tdap - 1 dose after 10th birthday and prior to entering 7th grade
- Meningococcal (MCV4) - 1 dose prior to entering 7th grade
- Meningococcal (MCV4) - 2 doses are required for students entering 12th grade, with a minimum of 8 weeks between dose one and dose two. If the first dose of MCV4 was administered on or after the 16th birthday, a second dose is not required. If a student entering 12th grade is 15 years of age or younger, only one dose is required.
Every student must have documented proof of immunization, laboratory evidence of immunity, or a written exemption on file yearly (religious, medical, or philosophical) for school attendance.
Please contact me if you have any questions.