*** Effective the start of the 2017 school year, the State of Maine passed a law requiring 1 dose of Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)for all students entering 7th Grade. Students must have documentation of having received the Tdap immunization after their 10th birthday or an exemption on file. This must be completed before the start of 7th grade in order to attend school.
Link to Frequently asked questions.
State of Maine Requirements - Maine Law (20-A M.R.S.A. 6358, Chapters 126 & 261) ***
Requires students enrolled in grades K-12 be immunized against:
- Diphtheria - 5 doses (4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Tetanus - 5 doses (4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Pertussis - 5 doses (4 doses if 4th dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Measles - 2 doses
- Mumps - 2 doses
- Rubella - 2 doses
- Polio - - 4 doses (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on or after 4th birthday)
- Varicella(chicken pox) - 1 dose
- Tdap - 1 dose after 10th birthday and prior to entering 7th grade
Every student must have documented proof of immunization, laboratory evidence of immunity, or a written exemption on file yearly (religious, medical, or philosophical) for school attendance.
Please contact me if you have any questions.