The Child Development Advisor promotes and advocates for the development of the whole child.
The Child Development Advisor is a collaborative resource to children, staff, parents, and community to support and enhance the healthy development of social, emotional, behavioural, and mental health competencies.
The CDA consults with staff, students, parents and when necessary, with outside agencies. This ensures that the needs of all learners are being met.
The C.D.A position has an emphasis on the social/emotional wellness of students from grades Kindergarten to grade nine and offers a variety of small group sessions, in-class workshops, individual coaching, post-discipline action plans, and crisis relief.
• Anger management
• Bully proofing
• Classroom survival skills
• Conflict resolution and anger management
• Coping with changes in the family
• Dealing with loss and grief
• Family support and referrals
• Increasing self-esteem
• Peer issues and choices
• Anxiety and depression
• Preventative programming for kids at risk
• Relationship building
• Resiliency/character building
• Social skills
Referral Process and Accessing the CDA:
Students can be referred to the C.D.A in 4 ways:
• Self Referral
• Parent Referral
• Teacher Referral
• Administator/CDA referral