Welcome! ~ ¡Bienvenido! ~ Bienvenue!
All St. Mary's Foreign Language classes are taught online through the Iowa Learning Online system. Highly certified foreign language teachers, some in Iowa and some abroad, are assigned to each section. These teachers have been trained to work with students in an online environment. Students are scheduled into a class period in order to provide regular meeting times to work on course content.
In addition to the online requirements, students will also be provided with a variety of opportunities to enhance their language learning experience, such as extended vocabulary practice and cultural enrichment.
All About Mrs. Full
This is my second year as the RSM Online Learning Coordinator. I work with the online foreign language instructors to help the students maintain a consistent pace while working on the Iowa Learning Online's Canvas learning management system. I communicate the regular assignment deadlines and monitor the testing sessions.
In addition to the foreign language courses, my past 35 years of teaching experiences include:
- 5 yrs. Junior High Language Arts
- 31 yrs. Technology (teacher, integrationist, professional development, coordinator, troubleshooter)
- 15 yrs. Journalism/Yearbook
- 15 yrs. Religion
- 4 yrs. Code.org's Computer Science curriculum
- 15 yrs. Competitive Technology Events (Technology Student Association, HyperStream, FIRST Lego League)