Mrs. Kellner's Class
What we are learning
Reading: We are reading fiction and nonfiction books in our unit “Making Decisions.”
- Money Matters!
- I Wanna Iguana
- Students will will write an opinion paragraph about something they want and why they should have it.
Foundational Skills/ Phonics:
- Contractions, r-Controlled er, ir, ur
- in a series, in compound sentences, in dates, in letters, and with adjectives
- Addition and Subtraction within 200 with word problems to 100.
- Regrouping/ Composing= Carrying
- Decomposing/ Unbundling= Borrowing
- Needs and wants- we are learning this through our reading books during this ELA unit.
- Environments for Living Things
11/6: End of Trimester 1
11/6-15: Book Fair
11/7: Picture Retakes
11/11: No School- Veterans Day
11/22: Thanksgiving Lunch
11/25-29: No School- Conferences & Thanksgiving Break
“You? You’re awesome. You were made that way. You were made from love, to be loved, to spread love. Love is always loud.”
Fun Days to Celebrate:
November 10: USMC Day
November 11: Veteran’s Day
November 13: World Kindness Day
November 28: French Toast Day