Roxbury 1-to-1 Program
1-to-1 Program Overview
In order for the Roxbury Township Public Schools to prepare our students of today for tomorrow, we need to provide them with an engaging, personalized curriculum that will inspire and empower them to flourish as ethical and global citizens in the 21st century.
All students have unique needs, abilities and interests and educational technology enables students to experience a more personalized curriculum to gain the 21st century skills necessary to be successful in college and career. Our commitment to creating digital learning environments will be evident through our new 1 to 1 technology initiative.
The long-term goals of the 1-to-1 initiative are to:
- Increase student engagement with the curriculum
- Personalize instruction to meet student's needs, abilities and interests
- Foster the growth of the 4 C's - Collaboration, Communication, Critical-Thinking, and Creativity
Keeping these goals in mind as we progress through our planning and implementation of this 1-to-1 technology initiative, we believe will result in a transformation in our learning environments that will accelerate student learning.
We look forward to you joining us as partners in this effort and hope you will check this site frequently for updates as we begin with a small pilot program in the High School. For questions regarding the 1-to-1 program, please contact Teresa Rehman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-584-8121.
Superintendent, Roxbury Public Schools
Some of the reasons to pursue a one to one initiative include:
- Equity - providing each student with a device ensures all students have access to high quality, digital resources
- Digital Curriculum - more high quality curriculum resources are moving to electronic delivery
- Personalized Learning - learning environments become student-centered so a student can spend as little or as much time as needed to master content - anytime, anywhere
- 21st Century Skills - digital technologies enable students to communicate and collaborate in an environment in which they are extremely comfortable
- Digital Citizenship - students can learn to utilize technology appropriately and responsibly
If you are interested in learning more about one to one technology programs, browse through the sites below that we are using to help guide our planning and implementation.
K-12 Blueprint offers resources for education leaders involved in planning and implementing technology initiatives.
One to One Institute & Project Red is a national non-profit committed to igniting 21st century education through the implementation of one-to-one technology in K-12 settings.