Welcome to Mrs. Marquez' 7th Grade Science Class
Every Moment is an Experience!
I am excited to start the second part of 2018-2019 school year! Below you will find important information regarding my Science class for this year:
WEEKLY PROGRESS REPORTS: Starting week of 01/07
- Students are given a progress report for my class, which outlines their current progress in my class the last day of each school week. Students are to share this report with parent/guardian, and may return it on the first day of each school week, with a parent/guardian's signature for extra credit points. If you are not receiving the weekly progress reports that are sent home with your child each Friday for Science, please send me an email.
Classroom Policy Reminders:
- Assignments turned in more than one day late will earn a 15 point deduction. Any assignments not received before the end of a given unit will not be accepted.
- If a student is absent, they are responsible for submitting any work that was assigned before their absence on the day they return. In accordance with district policy, students have as many days as they were absent to make up/turn in any assignments that were given during their absence. It is the student’s responsibility to inquire about any assignments missed during their absence.
- The PowerPoint presentation displayed daily during class will be posted each day on my classroom website (under Course Organizer tab, Current Unit), so that parents and students may stay up to date and informed on the goings on in my classroom. “I didn’t know” is not an acceptable excuse. If a lab is missed, a time will need to be set up outside of class time to complete the lab.
- I update my grades weekly via the districts online grade book, which can be viewed by parents via Home Access. This allows parents to view any poor grades or missing assignments for all of your child's classes, so that they are informed and can act accordingly. To get set up with home access, please call or email Ann McMinn, our campus registrar (view the Home Access Center link from my website for more information).
- As always, the best way to contact me is via email at: email@example.com
Materials Needed For Class:
- Composition Notebook (no spirals)
- 3-prong folder and/or binder with lined filler paper
- Pencils with erasers
- CeVMS Planner
- Colored pencils
- Glue Sticks
Wednesday 3:40 - 4:30
Other times by appointment
Class Wish List:
- Tissue boxes
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer