We Are Wild About Learning
We are going to have a wonderful year together!
Please check this page weekly for information about what's happening with Cheetahs.
- Valentine's Day: This year for Valentine's Day we WILL NOT have a PTA sponsored party. However, we will still have the students exchange Valentine cards in the classroom. We ask that your child give a Valentine card to EVERY student in the class. It is OK if the card contains a little treat or sweet. I will send home a class roster, so you will have all the names of the students in the class. I will give each student a bag to collect the cards, so there is no need to make any sort of box or container at home. The kids are encouraged to make home made cards as well. The cards do not need to be store bought. Please have your student bring the cards by Wednesday, February 14th. We will exchange the cards during the school day. Let me know if you have any questions.
- Scholastic Book Orders Due Wednesday, Jan. 30(Class code:PHFYM )-You will find a scholastic book order in your child's Monday folder. Please go to http://www.scholastic.com/home/ and click on the parent tab.
- Walk to Read: Last Friday kicked off our "Walk To Read" fundraiser for Libraries of Love. Please look in your child's backpack for the informational letter and donation envelope to learn more about Libraries of Love. Walk to Read ends on Friday, February 1st.
- Wish-list:We are in need of tissue boxes. Thank you in advance!
- Mystery Reader: Please consider being a guest reader in our room on Fridays at 10:00 am. We love a guest reader!!!
Week 1 schedule- P.E./ MUSIC
Healthy Fruit/Veggie of the Week: Our healthy fruit of the week is oranges. Please send a healthy snack with your child to school. Please no cookies, candies, cakes or drinks.
Reading-Author's Purpose (inform, persuade, entertain)
Spelling-r-controlled words (er, ir, ur).
Writing-Personal Narrative, Writing process(pre-write, draft, revise, edit and publish).
Science- pattern of movements
Social Studies: Begin our unit on how physical and human geographic factors shape communities.
**Library day is on Wednesdays. Please remind your child to bring their books back on Wednesdays for new ones.
- January 21- Martin L. King Holiday (No School)
- January 21-February 1: Walk to Read Campaign
- January 30, 6:45pm: PTA General Meeting and Science Fair and Reflections Recognition Night
- February 1, 9:00am: Walk to Read 2K
- February 7: Spring Picture Day
**Information for You
1.School hours are 7:40- 2:55. Tardy bell is promptly at 7:40. Absent will be marked at 9:00. Please make sure your child is in the classroom at the appropriate time.
*Tardy: Students are marked tardy if they are not in the classroom at 7:40. Please make sure that you drop your children off by 7:35 to give them time to walk to the classroom and remind them to go straight to class. Thank you for your support!
2.Send a healthy snack and a refillable water bottle to school with your child everyday. Snack time is at 9:00.
3. If you plan to volunteer at LME in any capacity this year, please fill out the Volunteer Application as soon as possible. This will ensure that your application has plenty of time to process prior to the event. This form needs to be renewed every year.
4.Please make sure that your child knows how he/she will go home every day. If there is a transportation change, please let me know through email before 12:30. After 12:30, please contact the school's office( 512-464-4300) and they will notify me of the change.
5.Student Birthdays: Party invitations are not allowed to be handed out at school. We do not allow bday parties in the classroom or during lunch. And parents are not allowed to bring treats or gifts of any kind to hand out to the class. Thanks for your help in this matter.
6. If your child will be absent, please fill out the online form. This will notify me and the office of your child's absence.This form can always be found on LME's homepage.
7. The Aligned Round Rock Curriculum shows the general schedule of what we will be learning this year in second grade.
8. Here are Round Rock ISD's guidelines for second grade: 2nd Grade Report Cards.
Class Mission Statement
The Cheetahs are here to learn, have fun, and be safe by showing our best effort in all we do.