Welcome to the Holland Brook School
ABOUT OUR PROGRAM:
**Please wait until you receive an email confirmation from Ms. Richter or Mr. Hasselbring before renting an instrument!**
New Instrument Rentals (online/In Person):
*Please make sure you check the Instrument Supply List (Click HERE!) for everything you will need to order for your instrument (lesson books, accessories, etc.)
Student Tips for Success:
1. Choose a quiet place to practice where there will be no interruptions or distractions.
2. Establish a routine practice schedule. Make practicing part of your daily homework routine.
3. Find ways to reward yourself for practicing. Learning an instrument itself can be very rewarding, but some students need the extra incentive.
4. Practice effectively. Make sure you’re practicing assignments from the weekly lessons. Warm up on material you can already play, but spend most of your time on new materials. You’ll improve much faster if you push yourself out of your “comfort zone”.
5. Keep your instrument in good working condition. An instrument that isn’t functioning correctly is not fun to play, and will make practice and lessons a painful experience.
6. Instrumentalists that use reeds: learn to take care of your reeds. Old, warped, or chipped reeds are very unpleasant to play on. Make sure you always have one or two backup reeds.
7. Put on a “concert” for a parent or family member weekly.
8. Attend weekly lessons, with or without instruments. Without an instrument, you will still want to have new material explained, and you will need to know what is assigned as homework.
Parent Tips for Student Success:
Music Note Learning Games:
Click here to download STAFF WARS (free) to your desktop (MAC or PC versions available)