Welcome to a Summer of Great Reads!
We're glad you're here and that you're as excited as we are to do some quality reading this summer!
Use this web site to get ideas on what to read next and share about the books you read.
Things to Do:
- Complete the Summer Reading Survey below!
- Take a look at the High School Reads and Middle School Reads pages to get ideas for your next book.
- Check out what's happening at the Rochester Hills Public Library
- Read about the latest Rochester Hills Barnes & Noble Upcoming Events
- Sign up for Oakland University's 2019 Youth Writing Camps
- Writers in grades 5-8 can attend the Oakland Summer Writer's Camp (download flyer)
Battle of the Books - Nominate a Book for Next Year's Contest!
Keep track of good books you come across this summer to recommend for next year's Battle of the Books! Find more information at https://rcsbattleofthebooks.com.
Interested in being a part of next year's team? Sign up for the Remind text messages: text the message @rcsbat to 81010.
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, please contact the secondary English Language Arts curriculum consultant Mrs. Ashley Painter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Parents: While this website provides some reading suggestions for our students, these suggestions are not a part of the Rochester Community Schools Board of Education approved curriculum materials. Therefore, parents and guardians should determine if the books listed are appropriate for their families.