Attention ALL Parents
COVID-19 Modifications as of March 27
Dear Rainbow Montessori Parents,
As you are aware, the county of Santa Clara has extended school closures until the 1st of May, which means that until further notice, our campus will remain closed.
Here is a link to the county’s announcement page if you would like to know the current guidelines: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx
In the light of these extenuating circumstances, when the whole world is experiencing a massive slump, and the entire globe is rethinking its approach to fight the virus, we, at Rainbow Montessori are doing our best to make the right decisions - not only for our parent community but also for the children and the teachers.
In these uncertain times, distance learning is the route schools are opting for, and after having spent the last two non academic weeks brain storming, working around the clock, and smoothing out details for such a program, my awesome Kindergarten Elementary team and your awesome teachers are ready and raring to go.
We will start to operate this program for the Kindergarten and Elementary Department starting April 1st.
Here are a few things to keep in mind for a successful transition :
- Hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, and academic hours are from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm.
- Attendance will be taken at 8:30 am - either at a Zoom session (if one is scheduled at that time) or through an online check in via Google Classroom.
- The distance learning program will be the basis to track the progress of the children and to prepare them for moving on to the next grade.
- Zoom will be the medium of conducting online classes, providing feedback and doing group corrections if applicable.
- Google classroom will be used for uploading assignments, posting resources, sending back corrections, and conducting other daily activities.
- Groupings of children for Zoom sessions will be posted by respective teachers.
- Resource subjects (Science, Computer, Spanish, and Music for applicable grades) will be following regular classroom schedules and will follow the same teaching platforms.
- Details about lesson plans, daily schedules and student groupings will be coming your way soon.
Unfortunately, since this is the only means by which we will be assessing the children and preparing them for the next level, we are not offering a choice of opting into the program or taking a pass.
We appreciate your continued support during this difficult time. Please rest assured that our teachers are hard at work to ensure that they can continue to provide a valuable service to the students despite being away from school.
Teachers are the bulwark of our community, and we hope you will see it that way when you are making difficult financial and life decisions.
We look forward to having everyone back at school as soon as possible. Until then, keep healthy and keep safe.
Rainbow Montessori Administration Staff
Forms Available During Closure
Save PDF to desktop in order to fill out digitally. | EDIT: 3/21/2020
Email the form above to the appropriate secretary as follows:
Infants, Toddlers & Preschool: Ms. Irene
Kindergarten & Elementary: Ms. Geraldine
As a reminder, there are no prorations for the remainder of the month, as per our tuition policy. Two weeks notice for schedule changes and withdraws is still required.
Withdraw requests sent through Brightwheel CANNOT be honored.
Elementary May Lunch Menus
Email the desired menu above to Ms. Sandra through April 30th.