Mrs. Brockett's Classes
We are half way done with Quarter One. The students have been working hard on their Culture and Belonging Unit. Next week we will be diving into our Thrill of Horror Unit. Edgar Allan Poe, HP Lovecraft, and W.W. Jacobs are just some of the authors we will be reading.
I will post the daily agenda on my website for the classes each week. The agenda may change due to changes in pacing. The homework dates will be posted on my white board at school (this will be the most accurate). Your child will write the dates down in their agendas each day.
Please help your child monitor Q on a weekly basis. This will give them some connection to their grade.
Communication- The best way to communicate with me is by email. If I don't respond to you within 24 hours, email me again. Some email will go into my junk file. Email: email@example.com
I am proud to be a part of Pleasant Valley School District and privileged to be a part of your child's education. Let's work together to give your child a successful 8th grade year.
Fridays are free reading days!!! Bring a book of your choice to read. Use your chrome book to check out a book from The Pleasant Valley School Electronic Library or the Camarillo Library.
- Live agenda posted daily
Google Sites Classroom Page
Chromebook- Bring to class fully charged with earbuds
The Collections Anthology Textbook (hardcover)
The Collections Consumable Workbook (personal use)
The Collections Website: Login: name and password
- Audio versions of the stories
- Grammar tutorials (free use)
- Videos and additional resources
Suggested Supplies- For the whole school year
- 4 Highlighter Pack (Pink, Yellow, Orange, Purple) - 2 sets
- 1 Spiral Bound Notebook dedicated to Language Arts class (College Ruled) 150 pages or greater
- 1 2-inch 3-ring binder (it can be shared with another class)
- 60 black or blue ink pens
- 30 Pencils
- Homework folder- dedicated to Language Arts Class
- 3 Green or Red pens (for correcting)
- 2 Pencil pouches
- 1 set of color pencils
- 1 set of markers
- 2 pencil sharpeners (1 for pencils and one for color pencils)
- 200-300 sheets of College-Ruled notebook paper
- Index cards- 1 package
- 2 large erasers
- 3M Sticky Notes