During camp, counselors monitor the fifth grade students in their cabins and throughout various activities for 4 days and 3 nights. Attendance at camp will require counselors to miss 4 days of school in which all assignments must be made up. If all counselor responsibilities are fulfilled successfully, counselors may earn up to 50 hours of service (25 hours towards the A+ program and 25 hours towards general community service.
- Must be a junior, or senior. Due to EOCs Sophomores are unable to attend.
- Must have at least a 2.0 Cumulative GPA.
- Must be in good standing with school conduct.
- Must complete all necessary paperwork prior to the deadline.
- Teacher recommendation
- Principal approval
- Must be approved by the school administrators.
- Upon acceptance, the student must also turn in medical paperwork, the risk & consent form and the field trip permission form (by March 15th)
- Attend the counselor training session on Thursday, March 5 .
- Participate in all camp activities
- To be a positive influence in both words and actions to the fifth grade students.
- Follow all regular secondary discipline guidelines.
- Work in cooperation and under the direct supervision of the elementary school and camp staffs.
Applying for a Counselor Position
If you are interested in applying for a camp counselor position, an application packet may be picked up in the A+ office. Please fill out ALL of the information on the application and submit it no later than January 31, 2020 to your assigned principal. Applications are processed according to the high school student’s first choice of camp attendance. If not chosen for that week, the application is then passed on to the other week.
If you are selected and preliminary approved as a counselor by a camp director, you will receive an email with additional paperwork that must be completed before attending camp. These paper must be brought to the training on March 5th. More information regarding the outdoor education program will also be share at the mandatory training session.
- Week 1: April 28, 2020 - May 1, 2020 (Bridgeway, Parkwood & WillowBrook)
- Week 2: May 5, 2020 - May 8, 2020 (Drummond, Remington, Rose Acres)
- Pick-up applications: January 1 - January 31.
- Applications Due: January 31.
- Accepted counselors must turn in all medical paperwork, the risk & consent form and the field trip permission forms at training.
- Mandatory Training: March 5, 2020 (1:30-3:00)