Welcome to 6th Grade!
Get ready for a fun, exciting new year with plenty of learning ahead!
This is our classroom website where you will find important information regarding upcoming school events, homework, links to enhance your learning, and important reminders.
A Message from Ms. Laird!:
Welcome to another week in 6th grade! We are at a VERY busy time of the year so be sure to stay focused and keep up with your work. You are going to be doing a lot of independent work over these next few weeks so it is essential for you to keep up with it all. We will continue on with division and multiplication equations in Math and learning about space technology in Science. This week we will be testing your safe-landing apparatuses in Science Lab! There is a lot going on in ELA this week! We will be getting a new spelling list, continuing on with possessive nouns, and analyzing poetry and song lyrics. Religion and Social Studies have us wrapping up chapters with tests and learning about the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Like I said, 6th grade is busy, busy, busy but in a good way!!
Reminder: You need to look over your maps for Social Studies EVERYDAY! Even if it's just for 5 minutes. As the year goes on, we will be studying more and more countries and this is going to become increasingly difficult. Don't fall behind on your maps!
Here are two great practice sites for your map skills!
*Any homework assignments will be posted under the "homework" tab.*
Tests Coming Home This Week:
Math and Science
PLEASE SIGN AND RETURN!
- Dress Down Day is Tuesday, 1/15 for any student who gave in 5 Box Tops or paid $1
- School is CLOSED MONDAY, 1/21 in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!
Upcoming Tests & Project Due Dates:
- Religion Ch. 8 Test Tuesday, 1/15
- Southern Europe Test Wednesday, 1/16
- Spelling List 17 Test Friday, 1/18
- Multiplication and Division Equations Test Wednesday, 1/23
- Possessive Noun Test Wednesday, 1/23
- Social Studies Project due Friday, 1/25