Wednesday, February 1, 2017
February is “I Love to Read Month”! PRB Elementary will show our love for reading with several classroom activities centered around reading all month. As usual, our classrooms will be busy reading and several staff members will share portions of his or her favorite book over our morning announcements each day. We hope to spread our love for reading and motivate students along the way.
Here are some reminders from the office:
- There will be no school for students on Friday, February 17th. Teachers will be at school for a professional development day.
- There will be no school for staff and students on Monday, February 20th in recognition of President’s Day.
- PR-B Schools has updated our website page. You can find parent resources under the “resources tab” at the top of the screen. There is also a link to our school’s Facebook page at the bottom. Go to prbschools.org to chck it all out!
- The 2nd Quarter ended on Friday, January 20th. You should have received a copy of your child’s progress report. If you have not, please contact their homeroom teacher.
- Lost and found is overflowing! Please check it out if you child is missing any items. We strongly encourage you to label all winter gear as well.
What else is going on at PRB?
You can always find important information and announcements on our district website at prbschools.org or school Facebook Page. I also post several announcements, pictures, and happenings around our school on my Twitter account @rickauliePRB.
OPTIONAL LOCAL PURPOSE ASSESSMENT (OLPA)
Students in grades 3-6 will be taking the OLPA test during the month of January. The OLPA assessment is basically like a “practice MCA test”. There is not an accountability report sent to the state for this assessment. However, teachers will be given timely, valid, and reliable data to use for instructional decision-making. The OLPA test measures students progress towards meeting the MN State Common Core Standards. More information about the OLPA and other state tests may be found the department of education’s website at: http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/JustParent/TestReq/index.html.