Pine River-Backus School District
401 Murray Ave, P.O. Box 610, Pine River, MN 56474
218-587-8000 | prbschools.org | ISD 2174
Teach Inspire Grow Excel Reach Succeed
Welcome to the PR-B website! You will find the Parent, Student and Staff pages under Resource Pages at the top of the screen. For the Lunch Menu and Job Opportunities, look under School District. You will find the Announcements, Calendars and Streaming Events links under the Welcome heading.
- Friday, May 24 @ 7pm - Senior Graduation
- Friday, May 31 - Last Student Day/2-hour Early Out
PR-B conducts strategic planning; district looking for input via survey
The Pine River-Backus School District is in the initial stage of developing a strategic plan. The school board is working with the Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) to provide guidance and assist with the planning.
The school board is seeking input from school district residents and staff to help in identifying the school district’s strengths and areas for improvement. School district residents and staff can give the school board feedback by completing the “PR-B Strategic Planning Survey 2019.” The information gathered from the survey will be analyzed by the MSBA and used to help identify school district strategic priorities.
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
Free Breakfast and/or Lunch for children up to age 18 are provided at SFSP meal sites across the state. Breakfast and lunch will be served at Pine River-Backus on weekdays, August 5-22 with breakfast being from 8-9 am and lunch from 11- 12 pm. Adults are welcome but must pay. (Breakfast $2.30 Lunch $ 4.05)
There are five easy ways to locate other SFSP meal sites based on a location:
- Download the Summer Eats Minnesota Mobile App, OR search the app store on your smartphone or device for the free app "Summer Eats Minnesota."
- Text "Summer Meals" to 97779. Spanish speakers, text "Verano" to 97779.
- Link to USDA Interactive Map Summer Food Rocks.
- Call the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-Hungry or 1-877-8-HAMBRE, available from Monday through Friday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Central Time.
- Call the 2-1-1 Hotline or from cell phones – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211; Greater Minnesota: 800-543-7709; TTY: 651-291-8440.