Pine River-Backus School District
401 Murray Ave, P.O. Box 610, Pine River, MN 56474
218-587-8000 | prbschools.org | ISD 2174
Teach Inspire Grow Excel Reach Succeed
Welcome to the PR-B website! You will find the Parent, Student and Staff pages under Resource Pages at the top of the screen. For the Lunch Menu and Job Opportunities, look under School District. You will find the Announcements, Calendars and Streaming Events links under the Welcome heading.
- Thurs., April 18 - Informational Meeting about the Building Projects @ 5:30 Click for more Information.
- Friday, April 19 - No School
- Monday, April 22 - School is in Session - Snow/Cold Makeup Day
- Thursday, April 25 - 3:30-7pm Parent Conferences (Rescheduled because of snow day.)
- May 3 & 4 @ 7pm, and 5 @2pm - Steel Magnolias Performances
- Tue., May 7 - Last Informational Meeting about the Building Projects @ 5:30 Click for more Information.
- Friday, May 17 - Tiger Pride Service Day - Service Site Requests and Sponsors/Donations due April 26. Click for more information.
- Friday, May 31 - Last Student Day/2-hour Early Out (This is a change because of snow days.)
Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
Free Breakfast and/or Lunch for children up to age 18 are provided at SFSP meal sites across the state. Breakfast and lunch will be served at Pine River-Backus on weekdays, August 5-22 with breakfast being from 8-9 am and lunch from 11- 12 pm. Adults are welcome but must pay. (Breakfast $2.30 Lunch $ 4.05)
There are five easy ways to locate other SFSP meal sites based on a location:
- Download the Summer Eats Minnesota Mobile App, OR search the app store on your smartphone or device for the free app "Summer Eats Minnesota."
- Text "Summer Meals" to 97779. Spanish speakers, text "Verano" to 97779.
- Link to USDA Interactive Map Summer Food Rocks.
- Call the National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-Hungry or 1-877-8-HAMBRE, available from Monday through Friday, 6 a.m.-9 p.m., Central Time.
- Call the 2-1-1 Hotline or from cell phones – Twin Cities Metro Area: 651-291-0211; Greater Minnesota: 800-543-7709; TTY: 651-291-8440.
Pine River-Backus Schools has partnered with Kodet Architectural Group, LTD to design new facilities and renovate existing spaces to better serve our students and community.
Public Information Sessions are scheduled for Thurs., April 18 and Tue., May 7. The sessions will be held in the High School Media Center at 5:30 PM. The bond referendum is Tuesday, May 14.