Pine River-Backus School District
401 Murray Ave, P.O. Box 610, Pine River, MN 56474
218-587-8000 | prbschools.org
Teach Inspire Grow Excel Reach Succeed
Live and Recorded Events - stream.prbschools.org
- Friday, March 3 - Dr. Seuss Day at the Elementary @ 1:45 - In honor of Dr. Seuss Day, the National Education Association calls for every child to read in the company of a caring adult. Across the country, thousands of schools, libraries, community centers, and more participate by bringing together kids and books. Therefore, on March 3rd at 1:45pm, PRB Elementary School will be celebrating “Read Across America”. Elementary students may invite a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or family friend to share in this annual reading event. After sharing a favorite book with a child or reading one provided, enjoy treats and punch in the cafeteria. Your participation helps in acknowledging the significance of reading.
Monday: Book- Fox in Socks Theme- Fun socks or shoes
Tuesday: Book- Green Eggs and Ham Theme- Wear all green!
Wednesday: Book- Wacky Wednesday Theme- Dress like your favorite Dr. Seuss character!
Thursday: Book- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! Theme- Wear a shirt from a vacation!
Friday: Book- Cat in the Hat Theme- Cat in the Hat-Hat Day!
- March 6-10 - No School - Spring Break
- Sat., May 6 - Kid's Stuff Fundraiser at the Warehouse from 9-12:30 - A Huge multi-family sale under one roof! A variety of items from high chairs to clothes to books and more! Every year brings new treasures! $3 door charge will go to support early childhood activities in the PR-B community.
Welcome to the New District Website.
All updates are now being made to this website. You will find the parent, student and staff pages under Resource Pages at the top of the screen. Use these resource pages if you are looking for the Skyward or PRB Apps login links. For the Lunch Menu, look under School District. You will find the HS Announcements and the link for Streaming Events under the Welcome heading. You can still find the old district website here.
Health Update from the Nurse -
It seems that the winter illnesses are near peak here at the school. These are the current infections I have seen lately:
* Influenza- Its considered widespread in our state this last 2 weeks. I have been sending many kids home with the symptoms of this and there are some kids/staff that have tested positive. Symptoms are sore throat, cough, runny/stuffy nose, fever, body aches, feeling tired, headache and stomach cramps or vomiting and diarrhea. It is passed through the air and on surfaces. It may take 3 to 7 days to feel better. Kids and staff should stay home until 24 hours after the last fever episode and when you can do a full day of school/work.
* Strep throat- this goes in cycles and we are having more cases the past 2 weeks both in the high school and elementary. Symptoms are very sore throat, sometimes a fever, stomach ache (vomiting for the younger kids) and headache. You will need to see a doctor to be tested and start antibiotics if it is positive. You should stay home or keep the kids home from school for 24 hours from the start of antibiotics.
* Stomach flu- different from Influenza. Symptoms are stomach cramping, vomiting or diarrhea or all of the above. Can last from 24 hours to 3 or 4 days. Kids should stay home for 24 hours from the last episode of vomiting or diarrhea.
* Head colds- Though sometimes it is hard to distinguish the common cold from influenza it usually has the sore throat, cough, runny/stuffy nose, headache but NOT the fever or body aches. You can feel a bit tired and droopy but not as severe as with Influenza. You do not have to be out of school/work for this illness.
Please call me if you have any questions.
School Nurse - 218-587-8310
Students in grades 3-12 now have access to eBooks online. Currently, the system only has mobile apps. That means that the app can be downloaded and used on a tablet or smartphone. Once the app is installed on the mobile device, the student can open the app. Select to log in using Clever. Search for their school by typing in Pine River-Backus and selecting Elementary, Secondary or ALC. Then login with their email/Google information. There is also a second way to log in using FirstBook. This method was distributed last May to students. For parents of K-2 students, the teachers have access to the codes and can share that with you.