ABOUT THE PTO
Here is a link to our Bylaws.
What is a PTO?
We are moms, dads, aunts, uncles, grandparents, teachers, and friends working together to reach our goals:
- To assist in serving the total school community toward the betterment of the educational process within Prairie Ridge
- To serve as a liaison for improved school and community relations
Wait there’s more!
- Did you know that that the Prairie Ridge PTO hosts the ice cream social, movie nights, fun run, STEAM night, the family dance, and book fairs?
- We also coordinate teacher meals during conferences, and support Literacy Night.
- Did you know that money we raise helps fund field trips, classroom supplies, assemblies, plus 5th grade camp & class shirts?
- Of course, the PTO recognizes our hard-working teachers and support-staff during Appreciation Week.
When parents get involved in their children's education, grades go up, test scores go up, children become more likely to pass and to attend better schools after high school, they have fewer discipline problems, and they're less likely to use drugs and alcohol.
We need you to help reach these goals. Volunteer! Volunteering doesn't mean a huge time commitment. And whatever your time schedule and interests we have need of you. We have tasks that can be performed in the evenings, during the day, or that don't even involve coming to the school at all.
Are you ready to join in the fun?
You can start by joining us at a meeting. The PTO typically meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 6:00pm in the upstairs library. Free childcare is available.
You can participate in:
- Event Planning and Management
- Budget Decisions
- Goal Setting
- Becoming a Future Board Member
We can’t wait to see you!