Welcome to the home of Prairie Heights Panther Athletics.
- FALL SPORTS
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls)
- Golf (Girls)
- Soccer (Coed)
- Tennis (Boys)
- WINTER SPORTS
- Basketball (Boys & Girls)
- SPRING SPORTS
- Golf (Boys)
- Tennis (Girls)
- Track (Boys & Girls)
Panther fans may access more information at...
Before you can participate..
Athletes must complete and turn in the following forms to the Athletic Office (or head coach) before they may participate in the first day of practice:
- IHSAA pre-participation physical - please make sure to complete all parts of all pages
- Prairie Heights Student/Athlete Handbook - read and signed by the athlete and a parent/guardian
- Emergency Medical Authorization (Back of PHHS student/athlete handbook) - completed and signed by the athlete and a parent/guardian
- Read the concussions and sudden cardiac arrest handouts (Parent and player)
- Acknowledgement parent/athlete signature form (concussions and sudden cardiac arrest) – signed by the athlete and a parent/guardian
- Acknowledgement parent/athlete signature form (athletic guidelines and expectations) – signed by the athlete and a parent/guardian
- Parkview Sports Medicine - Consent to treat & Interview/Photographic Release - signed by the athlete and a parent/guardian
All of these forms can be found and downloaded at https://www.parkviewsportsnetwork.com/prairie-heights-panthers
There will also be print copies of all of these forms available in the Prairie Heights High School Athletic Office.
Rule 18 - Scholarship (IHSAA by-laws: http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/about%20ihsaa/2017-18%20By-Laws.pdf)
18-1 Minimum Course Enrollment and Grades for Participation
To be eligible scholastically, students must have received passing grades and earned credit at the end of their last Grading Period in School in at least Seventy percent (70%) of the maximum number of full credit subjects (or the equivalent) that a student can take and must be currently Enrolled in at least Seventy percent (70%) of the maximum number of full credit subjects (or the equivalent) that a student can take.
a. For purposes of this rule, a student must have been Enrolled in a minimum of Four (4) full credit courses (or the equivalent) during the last Grading Period, and must be Enrolled in a minimum of Four (4) full credit subjects (or the equivalent) during the current Grading Period.
b. If grades reported at an Eligibility Certification Date include both Grading Period grades and semester grades, then semester grades take precedence for eligibility purposes.
c. A student may use up to Two (2) semesters of the state-required physical education course for eligibility purposes, with each semester’s course counting as One (1) full credit.
d. Physical education credit earned by participation on an athletic team, may not count toward academic eligibility.
e. When the block Four scheduling program is used, students must be currently Enrolled in and passing Three (3) courses.
f. Class periods must meet Indiana Department of Education standards for awarding credit and minutes in class. For purposes of this rule, One (1) full credit subject requires a minimum total of Two Hundred Fifty (250) minutes of instruction per week for One (1) semester.
g. In the event a School establishes minimum academic requirements which are greater than the IHSAA academic requirements, the IHSAA will consider those higher academic requirements to constitute the IHSAA academic requirements at such School, and will require that a student at that School meet those greater academic requirements before that student is eligible scholastically under this rule.