Pequea Valley Virtual
Building First-Choice Futures
Why Choose Pequea Valley Virtual?
- Here at PVV, each learner counts! Our PVV staff make every effort to personalize and customize learning for all. Families and learners in kindergarten through twelfth grade choose Pequea Valley Virtual for many different reasons, but they all share a desire for the best possible learning experience. For K-12 learners, PVV provides an excellent alternative to the traditional school environment.
- Full-time learners have access to local PVV staff for help with classwork, scheduling, and time management. Additionally, online learning facilitators are available for live tutoring. In situations of specific need, blended learning is also available which further customizes learning through having a mixture of online and regular courses.
- All PVV learners have autonomy in choosing their daily schedule, place to sit, and to work at their own pace. The program also encourages a sense of community and accountability through our PVV Learning Center with many interactions with PVV staff and other learners.
- PVV Learners are able to participate in any Pequea Valley extracurricular activity such as band, orchestra, sport teams, and drama productions. PVV learners also have a guidance counselor who works with them to determine First choice career after high school.
- At PVV, learning is a constant. Our program is master-based, meaning learners must score at least 80% proficiency on daily lessons before moving onto subsequent topics. This results in high levels of success.
- We provide state of the art technology. Each learner receives a Macbook and has access to one-on-one technology support. Given permission, PVV staff have the ability to log on remotely to address issues with computer or coursework to ensure ongoing progress in coursework.
- Communication is the bedrock of successful on-line learning. Through multiple means of communication technology, learners and parents have access to PVV staff 24/7. On-line teachers are also available during the school day in order to ensure ongoing progress and performance.
- Learners also have the option of attending the PVV Learning Center while being dropped off by parent or utilizing school bus transportation.
- Parents/Guardians receive bi-weekly communications to keep abreast of their child's progress and performance.
- PVV partners with LLVS (Lancaster Lebanon Virtual Solutions). LLVS partners with the following virtual learning providers: Oddyseyware, Accelerate Education, E-Dynamic and Apex Learning.
Our PVV Learning Center is a flexible learning environment ideally located in a first floor hallway of our High School next to the media center. PVV learners can come in any time during the school day for a quiet place to work, or to receive tutoring on any of their classes. This face to face learning experience is what sets PVV apart from other cyber schools.