The house system is a traditional feature in the School of Basic Education which exists to provide care and a healthy non-curricular competition among the students of each three houses. Starting 2nd Term, Academic Year 2018-2019, it will be elevated to the college level and will become a tradition/culture of the University.
The word “house” refers to a grouping of students from the different schools.
The following are the objectives of the House System:
Provision of care for all students
Competition between and among the houses
Merit points for good behaviour
Recognition of academic achievement
Creation of a sense of “family”
Inter-house sports competition
The Houses / Groupings
1. Students are divided and grouped into a number of houses and are named colors
– RED Phoenix , BLUE Dragons, YELLOW Griffins
2. There will be a White House who will be the overall facilitator and overseer of the house point system.
House Management System
A House Director to manage the whole house system
Three (3) House Captains (preferably the Deans)
Eight (8) Deputy House Captains (preferably 1 faculty per school)
House Heads (all Faculty and Staff who are not assigned as Deputy House Captains)
Sixty Four (64) House Leaders (2 students per school per year level)
House Point System
Points are achieved throughout the academic year, but broken down into totals for the reward of “House of the Term”, at the end of each term;
There is a final competition at the end of the year to announce the “WINNING HOUSE – “HOUSE OF THE YEAR”;
Points are awarded for effort/good behavior/school representation/sports achievement; and
House points can be earned through the following:
5. Demerit points will also be given and be deducted from the total number of points earned in the final computation of house points
6. The following are considered demerits if incurred by the houses / house members.