Thank you for taking the time to recognize and applaud the success of ONE of your teachers by nominating him/her to become part of the Keystone Technology Innovator community. As you complete the nomination form, please consider that a Keystone Technology Innovator is someone who embodies the following definition:
What is a Keystone? A Keystone Technology Innovator is a classroom teacher who fully utilizes the many benefits technology offers to improve instructional practices across his/her content areas. In doing this, the teacher does not focus on the technology itself; rather, s/he focuses on student learning and uses technology as a tool to support this end.
This teacher integrates technology into his/her design of learning experiences to:
- engage students in, and have them interact with, the content
- assist students in mastering local and state standards
- foster students’ curiosity, creativity and willingness to take risks
- engage students in problem-solving activities that are meaningful, reflecting real-world tasks
- promote collaboration and communication between students
- encourage students to take ownership of their work and become more self-directed learners
- address the diverse needs of learners
This teacher is an individual who:
- facilitates learning rather than transmitting knowledge
- manages student learning and behavior in a technology-enhanced environment
- helps students understand the ethical, cultural and societal issues related to technology
- shares his/her practices with peers and seeks out evidence-based practices from others
- applies technology in assessing student learning of subject matter
- reflects on and assesses his/her practices using current research as a framework to improve
- explores creative ways to use technology as a means of fostering a home-school connection
- takes an active leadership role in his/her school
Thank you for taking the time to nominate a teacher in your building! To continue, please scroll through and complete the nomination below; you may also click on the link button in the upper right of the form to open and complete the nomination process in a separate window..
ONLY ONE PRINCIPAL PER BUILDING MAY NOMINATE A KEYSTONE (PER YEAR). Nomination Deadline is February 15, 2019.