Free afternoon: on Thursday afternoon there will be a guided tour starting at 6 pm at the Romanian Atheneaum in Strada Benjamin Franklin 1-3, București .
The theme of the tour is "Monarchy vs Communism".
The accommodation for funded participants will be in double rooms in two guest houses of the University of Bucharest:
- The "Academica" guest house located here (it is the building directly to the left of the one indicated on google maps):
If you are staying at Gaudeamus, please note that the reception is closed on Sunday so we kindly ask you to pick up your room keys from Academica.
IMPORTANT: Despite the information on the websites of the two guest houses, breakfasts will not be provided. We will offer the supported participants a per diem to cover the costs of breakfast at registration (i.e. on Monday morning).
How to get there:
- If you travel by plane, the recommended option to reach either of the hotels is by taxi. The price should be around 15€/trip. For more information, see the website of the Henri Coandă airport. There are also two buses (780 and 783) from the airport into the city, but they are rather infrequent and their stops are incoveniently placed with respect to our hotels. Please note that although the official address of the Gaudeamus Hotel is Soseaua Panduri 90, the entrance is from Str Ana Davila nr 28.
- To get from Academica to Gaudeamus by bus, you can take buses 137, 138, 268 from the Facultatea de Drept stop and get off at the Șoseaua Pandurilor stop, as in the map below.
- If you travel by train, you will most likely arrive at Gara de Nord (the central train station of Bucharest). The Academica guest house is a 20min walk away. The Gaudeamus hotel is 30min away by foot or about 20min away by bus. Please note that although the oficial address is Soseaua Panduri 90, the entrance is from Str Ana Davila nr 28. The relevant buses are 126, 168, 368 from the Mircea Vulcanescu bus stop and you should get off at the Soseaua Pandurilor bus stop.
How to get there:
- From Academica: the fastest route is by foot. IMAR is a 20min walk away.
- From Gaudeamus: you can either walk for about 30-40min or take a bus from the Prof. Dr. Rainer bus stop to the Cișmigiu bus stop as shown in the map below. There are many buses on that route: 122, 137, 138, 168, 226, 268, 368.
Lunches will be offered every day apart from Monday 17.06 (which is a public holiday) at the Moxa student canteen, a short walk away from IMAR:
For the lunch on Monday there are plenty of restaurants and cafes in the vicinity of IMAR or a short walk away:
Please do not respond to calls or emails from people trying to book your travel or accommodation for you. These are not legitimate calls.