8th Grade Humanities - ROOM C2
Welcome! "Humanities" is a class in which we blend language arts and social studies, including examinations of the economy, philosophy and culture of a given time period. We have a great year planned! I center my class around building personal character and study skills. This is to enable you to be successful in high school and beyond.
Here is a few previews of what we'll do in class during the year.
- Language Arts:
- Literature - novels Chains and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Essays - narrative, argumentative, response to lit (fancy book report), as well as business letters and others
- Debates!! Everyone gets to argue. :)
- Social Studies:
- The early colonies
- American Revolution
- Constitution & Bill of Rights
- War of 1812
- Civil War
- ...and all the scandals and stories in between!
Schedules for classwork, HW and tests are on the front covers of every packet. Please refer to them for info.