Middle School Science
I am excited for my second year at Oak Grove! The end of last school year was tough for everyone, but this time around, we aren't noobs! We can do this Kids! Let's have some science fun, whether we are in person or online.
Ms. Sam Heuermann
firstname.lastname@example.org (Preferred Contact Method)
(309) 697-0621 Ext. 1046
(but please email me)
About Science Class
I strive to follow contemporary science teaching practices that align with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
I believe students learn science best by doing science. My goal is to provide as many hands on learning experiences as possible.
Class Room Expectations
- Follow the Eagle Way: Respect, Safety, Responsibility, Flexibility
- Participate in class and pay attention
- Keep your hands to yourself and your own things
- Stay seated in class unless given permission to move around
- Come prepared to class everyday with science materials and something to write with
The majority of students' grades come from in-class activities.
- Tests and Quizzes are worth a total of 25% of the final grade
- Projects, In-Class activities, Lab work, Science Journals, and Homework are worth 75% of the final grade.
- Lab and In-Class activity scores are largely based on participation, effort and following directions.
It is important that students turn in all homework.
1st Hour 8B 8:40-9:22
2nd Hour 6B 9:25-10:07
3rd Hour 6A 10:10-10:52
4th Hour 8A 10:55-11:37
7th Hour 7B 1:10-1:52
8th Hour 7A 1:55-2:37
9th Hour 5A 2:40-3:25
Check out what we have done so far!
<--------- Click through the slide show