At the high school level, students learn about and explore a diverse range of artists, art materials, and techniques that allow them to develop their skills in critical thinking, visual literacy, and their artistic voice through a hands-on, engaging, supportive, and collaborative studio environment.
Our curriculum focuses on…
· Developing a lifelong aptitude to learn, explore, create, invent, and reflect.
· Understanding and applying the elements of art and principles of design
· Experimenting and creating unique solutions
· Introducing a wide array of diverse art that fosters equity and inclusivity
· Empowering students to develop their artistic voice and share it with others, so they
can become successful visual communicators and change-makers
· Understanding the role and importance of art in culture, society, and the world
· Fostering a life-long love and appreciation for the arts