Mrs. Balsbaugh's Website
Hello and welcome to preschool at E.D. Smith Elementary!
We are so excited to start the school year and to get to know you!
Preschool Hours and Contact Information:
- The preschool hours are 8:45-11:30 for the morning session and 12:15-3:00 for the afternoon session Monday through Thursday.
- My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Smith School phone number is 937-297-5335. The best times to reach me by phone are 8:00-8:45, 11:30-12:15 and 3:00-4:00 during school days.
- Your child will have a notebook that travels between home and school. Feel free to write notes about your child's day, ask us questions about progress, upcoming events or classroom information. The notebooks will be read daily and responded to as time allows.
- Your child will also have a folder with a daily sheet which allows you to see what your child worked on at school that day. We send home monthly newsletters and planning calendars which also provide an overview of what we are studying.
- The school absence line is 937-297-5346 and please call in and/or e-mail me if your child will be absent from school. Also, please let us know if emergency contact information changes throughout the school year.
- Please send your child to school with a backpack, change of clothes (and diapers if necessary). Please label the items with your child's name. We wear smocks, but we also like to get messy and explore different art media and sensory experiences- so please dress accordingly.
- Thursday, December 20- Tuesday, January 1 - Holiday Break