Wellness Resources for Students
As a caring community at RMS we want to provide students with resources to be more informed about topics effecting the social/emotional health of middle school age students. This site provides resources for students to report concerns to staff, become more educated about vaping, and have access to information that may be needed at a given moment. If you have any questions about this page or need further support you can contact Assistant Principal Ted Ward at email@example.com.
Information from Kaiser Permanente and their "Nightmare on Puberty Street" Team
- Ask Questions - "Why are you doing that?"
- Name the Trouble - "That's cyberbullying."
- Say What Might Happen - "Hey, the police can find out it was you, even if you delete it."
- Suggest Something Else - "Forget about this. Just talk it out face to face."
- Leave and Leave the Door Open - "I'm leaving. If you want, I'll help you talk it out with them."
Tips for Dealing With Stress
Talk to a trusted adult about what is going on.
Spend time with friends who support and care about you.
Do things that make you happy: dancing, art, sports, and music can reduce stress.
Relax and breathe. Close your eyes and breathe in through your nose for a count of 4, then out through your mouth for 4.
Put stress in perspective. Think about what you can do to change or improve your situation.
Long-term self-care is really important! Get enough sleep, eat healthy foods as stay active.