WUHU workshop 2018
November 30 - December 1, 2018
About WUHU Workshop
This annual Workshop has been held since 2008 to encourage collaborations between Hanyang University and Waseda University. From 2017, UMS and UKM have joined to this circle. By taking the first letters of the participating universities, we call the workshop as "WUHU workshop". One of the key objectives of the WUHU workshop is to give students an opportunity to present their achievements in English and to discuss their research topics with other people. Additionally, the faculty members can exchange academic information and foster international joint projects during the workshop.
About The Institute of Advanced ICT Research and international symposium on ICT
Faculty of Science and Engineering, Waseda University, established seven Research Institutes in April 2018. The Institute of Advanced ICT Research is one of them, that is composed of professors working on ICT researches, mainly from Department of Computer Science and Communications Engineering. We focus on four research fields, (1) Computing, (2) Networking, (3) Security, and (4) Data Processing, and collaborate towards future smart society. Three project rooms are newly provided in campus, and several R&D projects are carried out by industry-academia partnership. Last year, we had a kickoff meeting. This year, we plan an international symposium among the Institute of Advanced ICT Research, Hanyang University and UMS/UKM. The purposes of this symposium are information exchange about recent research topics among faculty members and graduate students, and discussion on possible collaboration on joint research projects.
The international joint symposium on ICT is organized by the Institute for Advanced ICT Research, Waseda University, Japan.
The WUHU workshop 2018 is organized by the Department of Communications and Computer Engineering, Waseda University, Japan.
The joint symposium/workshop is sponsored by the following programs/institutes.
- BK21PLUS Creative Software Education Program, Hanyang University, Korea
- BK21PLUS Education Program in Intelligent Software, Hanyang University, Korea
- Embedded Software Research Center, Hanyang University, Korea
- Network and Communication Technology (NCT) Lab, Faculty of Information Science and Technology, UKM, Malaysia
- Faculty of Computing and Informatics, University Malaysia Sabah (UMS), Malaysia
- Institute for Advanced ICT Research, Waseda University, Japan.
- Global Information and Telecommunication Institute, Waseda University, Japan
Photo taken at WUHU Workshop 2017 held in Hanyang University