We love 4th Grade!
Hello, 4th Graders & Families!
- Please sign up for Bloomz, if you haven't already done so. This is an app that allows me to send messages with important information and reminders directly to your cell phone or computer. Parent-teacher conference sign ups are available now on Bloomz! Once you are registered, you can choose a conference time. Our class code is S8UR3B. The instructions for joining Bloomz can be found in the window to the right.
- Did you miss Open House? Check out the slideshow below to learn about our classroom and our expectations. If you need another copy of our Open House information booklet, please ask! You can send me a message on Bloomz or email email@example.com.
:) Mrs. Gwynn
About Mrs. Gwynn...
In addition to being a teacher for the past 16 years, I am also a wife and a mom to two children of my own. Jackson is 13, and Zoe is 11. We also have two fluffy doodle pups named Cyrus & Finn. My hobbies include reading, skiing, and spending time with my family. I can't wait to learn more about you!
Not happy with your score on a graded assignment? Just fill out the retake request form and attach it to the original assignment. Please:
- Be as specific as possible. Give specific activities you plan to complete as you relearn the material.
- Attach the original assignment. Often, retakes are tailored to the gaps in understanding. A retake may not be approved if the assignment is missing.
- Relax! It's OK not to understand something the first time. "Mistakes are expected, inspected, and corrected!"
- How can I access my Google Docs and Slides from home? Can I use Google Classroom outside of school?
- Open your web browser (Google Chrome, for example).
- Go to www.nscsd.org.
- Click on "District" --> "Resources" --> "Student Resources" from the menu.
- Choose "Google Classroom" or "Google Drive."
- Login with district email & password. If Albert Einstein were in our class, his login would be:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (2-digit graduation year, followed by first initial & last name for most students - see student planner for exact username) - Don't forget the "g." after the asterisk!
- Password: Ae123456 (First and last initial followed by the student's lunch number.)
- Student login information can be found on the first page of your child's planner.
Is your child having trouble with math at school? They can use the online program on any computer with internet access. Here's how:
- Go to www.zearn.org.
- Login with the following information:
- Email: Use your child's email (see FAQs above) to login to Zearn. Don't forget the g in @g.nscsd.org
- Password: Room104
- If your child is already logged into their school Google account, they may sign in with the 1-click "Sign in with Google" tab.