NPSD Contact Tracing Information
All Contact Tracing for student and staff cases is performed by the New Providence Board of Health, in coordination with the Westfield Regional Board of Health and our School Nurses. Close contact is defined by the NJ Department of Health as spending 15 or more cumulative minutes within 6' of an infected individual, over a 24 hour period.
Individuals who test positive are excluded from all school district facilities. Please be aware that due to confidentiality, we cannot answer an specific student or staff questions.
We understand the level of concern regarding COVID-19. We encourage parents and students to continue following the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention promoted safeguards, such as:
• Staying home when you are sick;
• Washing hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds;
• Covering coughs and sneezes and properly disposing of tissues;
• Limiting close contact with people who are sick and not sharing food, drinks and utensils;
• Practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart);
• Wearing a face covering; and
• Continuing to monitor your health for symptoms.
• If you are waiting for COVID test results, please remain at home and monitor your health.
We appreciate our community’s support and cooperation. You can assist us by remaining vigilant in your approach to dealing with this health concern. Should you have any questions about this situation, please feel free to contact the New Providence Public Health Nurse at 908-743-1049 if you have any questions or concerns.
a. NJDOH COVID-19 Information for Communities and the General Public
b. Get the Facts about Coronavirus
c. Symptoms of COVID-19
d. Testing: (resources 1 & 2)
e. How to Protect Yourself
f. What to Do if You Are Sick
g.Union County Testing Site
h.COVID-19 Contact Tracing | CDC