in North Penn School District
*Parents - Please Disinfect your Device after Pickup*
Device Distribution & Swap Times
3.31.20 through 4.3.20
Tuesday - Friday ~ 11 AM - 1PM
Monday 4.6.20 ~ 11 AM to 1 PM
Thursday 4.9.20 ~ 11 AM to 1 PM
Distribution at Inglewood, Knapp and Kulp. Please review this document for details.
Device Distribution Information in Alternate Languages
If, after payment, you are still experiencing at-home WiFi connection issues,
please click here for instructions on how to connect outside of North Penn School District.
- Systemic Change for Transformational Learning
- Equity and Access for All
- Increased Student Achievement
K ~ Tablet Devices (currently iPads)
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade ~ Chromebooks for in school use
Starting in Grade 6 - Chromebooks for in school and take-home use
As we are living and working in a digital age, we need to provide equity and access to digital tools for all students. Over the last several months we have been discussing how we may be able to expand our one-to-one student access to technology devices, which when implemented properly, will increase student achievement. This is not only a matter of getting technology in our students’ hands but also having the infrastructure and other resources in place to support such an effort.
What we know is that we need to prepare our students by using engaging learning environments that embrace transformational tools. Our 3 Year Implementation Plan has additional details of all components of our plan.
- Students provide their own protection for transporting the device.
- Students transport devices home to charge each evening and bring them back to school each day.
- Students with an unpaid Accidental Damage Protection fee will take them home to charge but will not have at-home, online access.
- It will be important for all students to have home access to technology to complete digital assignments (Chromebooks and the GAFE portal can be set to allow student to work offline if they do not have Internet access).
- Digital resources for curriculum are interactive and engaging and provide teachers with real time feedback on student learning (not just PDF's online).
- Active classroom engagement in learning through technology as a tool (vs. passive screen time)
- Establishing an infrastructure (wireless everywhere, increased Internet) and a lease structure to support the devices
- Chromebook Accidental Damage Protection fee to help offset additional costs for accidental protection warranty
- Consistency and Reliability of devices for students and teachers
- Easily managed central platform driven by the Google Apps for Education Suite of Tools
- Lower cost for maintenance and support
- What is a Chromebook?