in North Penn School District
NP Family Tech SUMMER SUPPORT HOURS:
June 15 to August 13, 2020: Monday - Thursday 8 am - 4 pm
*Parents - Please Disinfect your Device after Pickup*
Device Distribution & Swap: Mondays and Thursdays beginning 7.9.20
11 am to 1 pm ~ North Penn High School
Collection location is the bus circle
1340 Valley Forge Road, Lansdale
Device Distribution & Swap: (TH) 7.9.20
Please review this document for details.
- Systemic Change for Transformational Learning
- Equity and Access for All
- Increased Student Achievement
K ~ moving to Chromebooks for the 20-21 SY
1st - 12th Chromebooks for in school and take-home use
As we are living and working in a digital age, we need to provide equity and access to digital tools for all students. Over the last four years our district has invested in technology to achieve the goal of one-to-one student access to technology devices. When implemented properly, the integration of technology will help to increase student achievement. This is not only a matter of getting technology in our students’ hands but also having the infrastructure and other resources in place to support such an effort.
What we know is that we need to prepare our students by using engaging learning environments that embrace transformational tools. Our initial 3 Year Implementation Plan has additional details of all components of our plan.
- Students provide their own protection for transporting the device (currently in discussion regarding K-5 due to COVID home technology distribution)
- Students transport devices home to charge each evening and bring them back to school each day.
- It will be important for all students to have home access to technology to complete digital assignments (Chromebooks and the GAFE portal can be set to allow student to work offline if they do not have Internet access).
- Digital resources for curriculum are interactive and engaging and provide teachers with real time feedback on student learning (not just PDF's online).
- Active classroom engagement in learning through technology as a tool (vs. passive screen time)
- Consistency and Reliability of devices for students and teachers
- Easily managed central platform driven by the Google Apps for Education Suite of Tools
- Lower cost for maintenance and support
- What is a Chromebook?