Google accounts (@ nlesd . ca) held by graduating students will be archived over the summer and then will no longer be accessible. If you wish to retain any data from your account by transferring it to a personal Google account (@ gmail . com), follow the instructions in the attached document.
Thursday, June 22, 2017: Last Day of Classes for Students
- Regular pick up times for students
- 7:55 Students arrive at school
- 8:20 Students can return textbooks and clean out lockers
- 9:00 Brief Assembly in the gym to say good bye to teachers and students not returning in September and to wish all students and staff a great summer.
- Following the assembly, students will return to home rooms to pick up report cards, 2017-2018 class schedules, and complete course change request forms (if necessary). Students will also receive a number of report card inserts including a letter pertaining to September busing and school opening time, an information sheet for September, and summer school information (along with documents containing signatures required for summer school registration). Students may leave following homeroom but busing is not provided till 12:30.
- 12:30 Students dismissed.
- 1:10 Teachers are available to take parent phone calls.
REPORT CARDS WILL BE RELEASED DURING THE HOME ROOM SESSION AND NOT BEFORE. NO REPORT CARDS WILL BE RELEASED FROM THE MAIN OFFICE TILL HOMEROOM SESSIONS ARE OVER.
Report cards not picked up will not be mailed out as the cost to the school is too expensive. Report cards can be picked up at the main office on Friday, June 23 from 8:30-12:30 as well. It is very important that every effort is made to pick up report cards, especially for students who failed courses, as report cards contain signed documents necessary for Summer School and/or Supplementary Exam registration.
Summer Job Opportunities
Click the links below for detailed information about each position and how to apply.
Summer School Registration
Registration for Summer School 2017 will take place on Tuesday June 27, from 9AM to 4PM at Mount Pearl Senior High School and Brother Rice Junior High. View the attached document for more information.
Possible Traffic Delays
The Town of Conception Bay South would like to advise residents of possible traffic delays in the areas of Indian Pond Road, Indian Pond Estates, Indian Pond Drive and Seaspray Crescent. Work to begin Monday, June 12, 2017. During construction, these roads will be open to local residents and emergency vehicles only. The Town apologizes for any inconvenience this work may cause. Should you have any questions, please contact the Town’s Engineering Department at 834-6500, ext. 301.
Thank you for your patience.
Final Exams 2017
View the attached document for Important Exam Information for Students and Parents.
Apply to be a Summer Games Volunteer
The Special Olympics Summer Games are coming to the metro area. Events will be taking place in St. John’s, Mount Pearl, and CBS with athletes from all over the province competing. In order to make this a true success we need a large number of volunteers to help. We have volunteer opportunities for both groups and individuals, so if you would like to volunteer we would appreciate anything you can do to help. Click the links below for the application and for more information.
QE Yearbook Online-Only Ordering Info
Yearbook orders can only be made online at YBPay. Lifetouch.com using the ID Code 13016117. The cost is $40.00 and the deadline for ordering is June 16, 2017. If orders are not made by this date, you will not receive a yearbook.