Welcome to our website and our beautiful new school! We have updated this site with the latest information pertaining to bell times, bus routes, cafeteria services, our school calendar, class homework, and the student-parent handbook. You will also find supply lists, newsletters, staff contact information, traffic flow information, web links, and general information about our school.
Please take the time to familiarize yourself with the contents of our website and be sure to check back frequently for updates in these areas and other pages which are currently under construction.
You can also follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/GanderElem
On behalf of the entire staff of Gander Elementary, we would like to wish you all the best for an amazing school year! Thank you for visiting.
- Please click here to download the SchoolMessenger SafeArrival app.
- You can also report your child's attendance by calling: 1-844-408-9360.
- Please call our school's main office at (709) 651-7494 if you have any questions or experience any difficulties.
- CAFETERIA UPDATE!: On-line ordering services should now be up and running. Please check our "Cafeteria Services" tab under "Students & Families".
- REMINDER!: If you have not already returned the information forms sent home last week on Thursday, kindly remember to do so tomorrow, Thursday, September 20, 2018 please.
- CURRICULUM NIGHT UPDATE - Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM: Please take note that this year we will follow a new format for our annual curriculum night. We are inviting all parents/guardians to first proceed to the gymnasium for an overview of school-wide information followed by meeting your child's teacher in their respective classrooms to get an overview of the curriculum. This will be a rather informal session and is not intended to be a Parent/Teacher Interview session. Certainly, if you have any questions or concerns about your child, please do feel free to contact the school at 651-7494. We are looking forward to seeing you here at the school for this important event in your child's school year.
- SAVE THE DATES!: Our annual "Curriculum Night" will take place Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 6:30 PM. Also, our annual "Terry Fox Walk" - weather permitting - will take place Friday, September 21, 2018 with a 10:45 AM start. Stay tuned for details on both of these worthwhile events.
- Gander Elementary is looking for volunteers for our Kids Eat Smart Breakfast Program and our new Library/Learning Commons area. If interested, please contact Ms. Naomi Young at 651-7494 or firstname.lastname@example.org . An updated 'Certificate of Conduct' is required. Thank you very much for considering!
This site aims to be mobile and tablet friendly.