Welcome to Library Media!
NVCS Battle of the Books
We have selected our teams to represent NVCS. Thanks to all the wonderful students who tried out! The chosen teams will compete against other schools in Thompson School District for the title of District Champions!
What is Battle of the Books?
- Battle of the Books (BOB) is a national reading incentive program designed to encourage students to read quality literature.
- We have one 3rd grade team, one 4th grade team, and one 5th grade team.
- The battles will be held at the Loveland Public Library in January and February 2020.
- There are a list of 10 books for 3rd grade, 10 books for 4th grade, and 8 books for 5th grade.
- BOB copies available in our library but the Loveland Public Library also has all books available in the children's section.
3rd Grade New Vision Dreamhawks are Maddy G, Blake W, Cameron C, Ember S, Callan R, Brooke O and Gradie B!Rise of the Earth Dragon by Tracey WestFreckle Juice by Judy BlumeCrenshaw by Katherine ApplegateWhite Fur Flying by Patricia MachlaclanTornado by Betsy ByarsBecause of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamilloThe Magic Finger by Roald DahlThere’s a Boy in the Girl’s Bathroom by Louis SacharRuby Lee and Me by Shannon HitchcockMr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard Atwater
4th Grade:The Boxcar Children Book 1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner*No Talking by Andrew ClementsThe Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda UrbanFrom the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg*Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor*Soup by Robert Newton PeckThe Cricket in Times Square by George SeldenClass Dismissed by Allan WoodrowNumber the Stars by Lois Lowry
5th Grade:Phineas L. MacGuire...Erupts! The First Experiment by Frances Dowell*Hatchet by Gary PaulsenBook Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss BertmanThe City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrauMatilda by Roald DahlBud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul CurtisHoot by Carl Hiassen*Pax by Sara Pennypacker