Assistive Technology Supports & Services
NDSEC provides a wide range of assistive technology supports and services for students and families.
Angela has been with NDSEC for over 20 years. She is a speech pathologist by trade receiving her master's degree from Syracuse University. She completed the certification for Assistive Technology Specialist through Northern Illinois University.
Supports & Services
- Communication devices, implementation and programming
- iPad apps for communication and education and accessibility features and sensroy supports
- iPad applications and Chrome book extensions & applications for reading and writing
- Partner Augmented Input Training: Supporting you child to become a more effect communicator
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- AT evaluations for communication systems
- AT evaluations for educational supports with mobile technology
- SETT Process
- Device loan process
- Device acquisition
- My Infinitec Website: Supports for All Learners
- Establish student access to accessbile instructional materials through BookShare and Learning Ally
- Work with teams to assess a student's needs for communication systems, reading and writing supports and access to computers and web based technology.
- Acquiring equipment and programs for AT trials and long term use.
- Provide staff training on the implementation and programming on communication systems and AT academic supports
- Maintain, repair and replace AT devices
- Laison to Infinitec AT Coalition
- Staff and parent training