I3 2020: IDEAS, INTEGRATION, & INNOVATION
Wednesday, April 1st, 2020
6:30 - 8:00 PM
New Canaan High School
This year, we are challenging students with the question, “How can you use innovative problem solving to have a positive impact on the world around you?”
Innovation Design Challenge!
We want to encourage students to come up with IDEAS, to INNOVATE, and INTEGRATE them to make our world a better place! So, we are calling this event:
I3 : IDEATE, INNOVATE, & INTEGRATE
We are challenging students to use their creativity, innovation, and design thinking to address a problem or need in the world around them. Students can identify a problem from one of the categories listed below, and work (either individually or in a team) to design an innovative solution. Here are the categories, as well as some ideas:
- Accessibility (Helping others in need)
- How can innovation be used to assist individuals with accessibility needs?
- Music & Art
- How can innovation enrich and expand the Arts?
- How can innovation enrich and expand Fashion?
- How can we help athletes be safer?
- Health & Wellness
- How can innovation improve the quality of our lives?
- How can innovation help solve environmental crisis?
- How can we use cast-off materials for new purposes?
- How can innovation be used to create new financial products, services, or processes?
- Coding, structural engineering, video,
Along with their solution, participants might be asked to share specific steps that they followed to identify, understand, and solve the challenge that they selected. Instructions and guidance will be provided on this part of the process.