NRHS IB Diploma Programme
The International Baccalaureate® aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
We are excited to announce that Nauset Regional High School was officially authorized to be an International Baccalaureate World School in February 2018! In this achievement, we join more than 1.3 million students in 4,500 schools in 147 countries worldwide that offer the International Baccalaureate (IB).
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme is currently celebrating the 50th anniversary since its inception in 1968. IB is based on the philosophy that curriculum and instruction should be student-centered and develop their attitudes, traits, and skills in order to grown into lifelong learners in a globalized society. IB balances the academic, intellectual, social and emotional development of the whole student in order to best prepare students for success beyond high school while retaining a focus on enthusiasm for learning, empathy, reflection and choice.
The addition of the IB Diploma Programme at Nauset Regional High School adds another dimension to an already renowned school. The IB Diploma Programme is a 2 year option that students may choose to enroll in during the 11th and 12th grade. As students begin to consider the full IB Diploma Programme, eighth and ninth graders who are interested should continue in their middle school world language through level III and take Algebra II by their junior year. In addition, Class of 2021 students may also choose to select certain courses without committing to the full IB Diploma Programme and earn IB certificates. Current 10th graders (Class of 2021) are now eligible to participate in this program of studies and should contact firstname.lastname@example.org without delay.
We’re proud of this great accomplishment and recognize the immense effort on behalf of all those involved!
- CLASS OF 2021 STUDENTS INTERESTED IN THE IB DIPLOMA PROGRAMME- Please email robertsa@nauset schools.org or see your guidance counselor soon!
- Parents of the Class of 2021 will find the 2019 Program of Studies below and the enrollment form to complete and take with them to their Guidance appointments during enrollment.
- What do colleges say about IB? Quick Guide University of Rochester
- Questions? email: email@example.com or call 508-255-1505 X 5286
- Preparing for the IB Diploma Program
- IB Learner Profile
- Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- NRHS IB Programme Policy Handbook
- General Regulations: Diploma Programme
- Facts and Figures
- Assessment Guide for Students and Parents
- Key Findings From Research on the Diploma Programme
- University Credit Policy - this will download an Excel spreadsheet
- Research regarding IB and university success
- Benefits of IB
- IB Path to University and Employment
- MORE Research on IB outcomes
- IB VIDEO SERIES from College Admissions Officers