Mental Health & Criminal Justice Summit
Friday, March 23, 2018
Marriott Indianapolis East
7202 East 21st Street, Indianapolis
"NAMI Indiana has proven itself to be a great convener on these issues and a leader in fostering collaboration" - Summit attendee
"Looking forward to what I consider to be the most educational conference in the area because of the quality of the presenters and their credentials. Keep up the good work." - Summit exhibitor
Each year, NAMI Indiana pulls together a diverse group of leaders from the criminal justice field to provide education and new tools for professionals. The Mental Health and Criminal Justice Summit creates significant and positive changes in policies within Indiana's criminal justice system.
(To view presenter bios and see descriptions of workshops, visit the "Speakers" tab on our menu.)
(If you are interested in being a sponsor or exhibitor, visit the "Sponsors" tab on our menu.)
View our Agenda
What are Course Corrections?
Vincent Atchity, Executive Director, Equitas
Featured workshops include:
- Reforming School Discipline to Create Positive Learning Environments
- Peer to Peer Team Support Concepts for Law Enforcement
- Indiana jails...the new mental health units. Getting ahead of the curve!
- Forensic Peer Specialist Pilot Program
- Confidentiality or Safety: Balancing Competing Values in Offender Mental Health Care
- MCAT (Mobile Crisis Assistance Team): A Collaborative Approach for Responding to Citizens in Crisis
Registration to the Summit includes breakfast and lunch, continuing education credits (CEU, ILEA, and (pending approval) CLE/NLS), access to all exhibitors, as well as networking opportunities, plenary sessions, and workshops.
The early registration is $100.00 per person, $80.00 for NAMI Members, or join NAMI and register for $120.00.
A limited number of scholarships for individuals and family members impacted by mental illness are available. To request a scholarship application, please contact Marianne Halbert.