Anthony Spangler Elementary School
140 N. Abbott Avenue | Milpitas, CA 95035 | P: (408) 635-2870 F: (408) 635-2875
Welcome to Spangler Elementary, home of the Spartans!
Latest News and Announcements
Jack Emery Drive Has Started!
The Jack Emery runs from November 13th with the final can pick up on December 12th.
To help us reach our goal of 3,500 cans, student council came up with some great incentives:
- If each student in the whole class donates students can win some prizes!
- 3 Cans per student: Teacher raffles off 5 sets of 50 Spangler Dollars
- 5 Cans per student: Teacher raffles off 10 sets of 100 Spangler Dollars
- 7 Cans per student: Each student gets a free dress pass!
- 10 Cans per student: Class gets 20 minutes of extra recess
- Top Earning Primary & Intermediate Class with the most cans gets popsicles & 30 minutes of extra recess.
We are also having a spirit week from Wednesday, 11/14 - Tuesday, 11/20, to kick off the food drive. The spirit days are as follows:
- Wednesday, 11/14: Fandom Day (Dress up based on student interests. For example if students love soccer, they may dress up as a soccer player. If they enjoy Pokemon then students can dress up as one of the characters.)
- Thursday, 11/15: Teacher Day (Dress up like your favorite Spangler teacher or how a teacher would dress.)
- Friday, 11/16: Twin Day (Pick a buddy and dress up the same.)
- Monday, 11/19: Fantasy Day (Dress up as favorite fantasy characters such as unicorns, dragons, etc.)
- Tuesday, 11/20: Fall Color Day (Dress up in fall colors like red, orange, yellow, and red.)
We hope to see everyone dressed up to support our Jack Emery drive! Don't forget to turn in those cans and non-perishable foods!
Minimum Days for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Just a reminder that Wednesday, November 14th - Tuesday, November 20th are minimum days to allow for conferences. Please see the minimum day schedule here.
Eat Lunch with Your Child Day Feedback
Thanks to those of you who were able to join us for Eat Lunch with Your Child Day! It was great seeing all the smiles and positive energy from our students or families. To help improve our event for next time, please take a minute to complete this brief survey, even if you did not attend.
New Upcoming Event for Spangler Families: Breakfast with Santa!
Breakfast with Santa will be a fun event for the whole family. If you enjoyed the hot dogs and tacos cooked by our principal, Mr. Lopez, you'll be sure to enjoy the pancake breakfast! While you're here, avoid the long lines at the mall take your family picture with Santa at Spangler!
Date: Saturday, December 15th, 2018
Cost: $5 for breakfast (including drink) and $5 for Santa Picture
**All proceeds for this even will go towards supporting student safety.**
Thank you for attending Back to School Night!
Thank you to all of our families who came to Back to School Night. As we continue to grow, we would love to collect your input on how the evening went. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey and let us know what you thought!
If you were unable to attend, please visit your student's teacher's website found on the "Our Teachers" page on our website. You can also see the Administrators' presentation below:
Thank you to the Kiwani's Club!
Thanks to our friends at our local Kiwani's Club, Spangler now has a new "Buddy Bench" for Spartans to sit on with old friends and make new friends on. We can't wait to break it in when school starts!
Principal Lopez's Welcome Back Letter to the Spangler Community
Dear Spangler Elementary Community,
It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the newly appointed Principal of Anthony Spangler Elementary School. On behalf of the staff at Spangler, I am excited to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! I am honored to have the opportunity to lead a school with such a rich tradition of education! I have been dedicated to the field of education for more than seventeen years. My most recent administrative experience was at Thomas Russell Middle School where I served as Assistant Principal. I am excited and eager to bring my skills as an educational leader to Spangler Elementary and work with you as a partner in education to ensure your child's success.
We are looking forward to a productive and healthy partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience.
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers.
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills.
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life.
There are many ways to become an active participant in your child’s education at Spangler. One way is by joining our school’s Parent Teacher Association (PTA) as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. Additionally, you can volunteer in your child’s classroom, supervise on field trips, and assist your child’s teacher by doing work at home. Your assistance will enrich your child’s education and the education of others.
It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. Please review the Spangler Family Handbook and/or visit the school’s website at https://spangler.musd.org for updated information on student expectations. Along with having high expectations for students, we believe that communication and a strong parent school relationship is vital and essential. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact your child’s teacher, the office, or either myself or Ms. Ravo. It is our goal to work together with your family to make your child’s experience at Spangler Elementary School educational and enjoyable. The wonderful Spangler staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family.
Mr. Lopez, Principal
(408) 635-2870 x1005