ZIKA VIRUS INFORMATION
Steps to help protect against mosquito bites:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered insect repellents containing one of these active ingredients: DEET, picaridin, IR3535, oil of lemon eucalyptus, or para-menthane-diol.
- Long-sleeved shirts and long pants Recommended Actions
- Clothing and gear treated with permethrin that will provide an added layer of protection
- Lightweight, loose fitting clothing during the warmer months. When wearing longer sleeves and pants, take additional steps to prevent heat-related illnesses (for example, drink additional water and take rest breaks)
- Use air conditioning or window/door screens to keep mosquitoes outside. If you are not able to protect yourself from mosquitoes inside your home or hotel, sleep under a mosquito bed net.