MRes Y2 + PhD Student, Department of Computing,
Faculty of Science and Engineering,
I graduated with a Bachelor and Master degree in Software Engineering from Mehran University of Engineering & Technology (MUET), Pakistan in year 2014 and 2017, respectively. Currently, I'm availing iMQRES' MRes Y2 leading to PhD scholarship under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Michael Sheng and co-supervision of Dr. Wei Emma Zhang in Department of Computing, Macquarie University. I have 4 years experience of academia. I have been working as Lecturer since 2016 in the Department of Software Engineering, Mehran University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan. Before that, I worked as a Teaching Assistant in the same Department from August'14 to Dec'15. Apart from that, I have also worked as Visiting Faculty in Department of Computing, Bursa Technical University, Turkey in December 2018 where I conducted lectures on different topics related to my field.
My research interests include, but are not limited to the following areas; Natural Language Processing, Semantic Analysis, Text Analysis, and Internet of Things.
A Lexicon Based Mechanism for Identifying & Monitoring Security Threats o Roads, M. Zaib, S. Nizamani, M.A.Nizamani, 3rd International Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Science and Electronics, Bangkok, Thailand from 2-3 January, 2018.
Automatic Ambulance Dispatch System via One-Click Smartphone Application, V. Khalique, S. Shaikh, M. Dass, S. M. S. Shah, M. Zaib ,Volume 10, Issue 36, September 2017
Honors and Awards:
- Recipient of iMQRES Project Specific Scholarship for year 2019-2022.
- Recipient of Sakura Student Exchange Program to The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan in 2017.
- Recipient of Teaching Assistant Scholarship from Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan for year 2014-15.
- Second Position holder in Bachelor of Engineering(2014).
Professional Trainings Received:
- National Entrepreneurship Program organized by Institute of Business Administration, Karachi, Pakistan from March 2018- May 2018.
- Leadership and Management in Higher Education by The Association of Commonwealth Universities from 13-16 February, 2107.
- Faculty Professional Development Program organized by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan from 18-22 December, 2017.
- Software Development Training by Hidaya Institute of Technology, Jamshoro, Pakistan from Feb-May, 2014.
- Project Management using Primavera from 6-11 February, 2012.
- IBM Rational Quality Suite Training by Avanza Solutions, Pakistan from 18-21 September, 2012.
- Visiting Faculty in Department of Computing at Bursa Technical University, Turkey from 1-14 December, 2018.
- Teacher Organizer in 5th International Multi-topic ICT Conference at MUET, Jamshoro, Pakistan from 25-27 April, 2018.
- Facilitated Active Citizen Workshop affiliated with British Council from 8-12 January, 2018.
- Teacher organizer of Technovation'17 held at MUET, SZAB Campus, Khairpur Mirs on 2nd March, 2017.
- Student Volunteer in IEEE Pakistan Student, GOLD, WIE Congress (PSGWC'13) 23-25 October, 2013.