Mrs. Gunter Ms. Machuca Mrs. Raber Mrs. Wilson
Dates to Remember:
- November 20th- Students from Ms. Machuca and Mrs. Wilson's class will be taking the PACER in PE
- November 21-23rd Thanksgiving Break No School
- December 11th- MAP Testing Reading 10:00-12:00
- December 14th- MAP Testing Math 10:00-12:00
- December 21st- End of Second Quarter
- December 22nd- January 6th- Winter Break
This week we will be wrapping up Sarah, Plain and Tall activities.
- We will be reviewing grammar skills from unit two.
- No Spelling list this week
- We will be starting our personal narrative unit.
- We will be working on the 6 traits of writing: organization and word choice.
Unit 3 Division with Whole Numbers
- Monday- Lesson 14 Use Use Mental Math to Check for Reasonableness
- Tuesday- Play review games
Social Studies -
- Students will be working on a Nebraska research writing project.
Motion, Force, and Models
Students will conduct structured investigations with steel balls and ramps to discover how the variables of ball size and starting position on the ramp affect the speed of the rolling ball. using controlled experiments, students test the variables of mass and release position to find out how these variables affect energy transfer; students measure the force involved using spring scales. After gathering data and viewing a momentum animation, students discuss how a concussion is related to the concept of momentum.