Millville Public School District's Digital Literacy and Learning Specialist, Alicia Discepola, works under the supervision of the JoAnne Colacurcio, Supervisor of Instructional Technology and CTE. In addition to supporting the staff's use of educational technology tools like Infinite Campus (grading, reports, etc.), OnCourse (teacher websites, SGOs, and lesson plans), and additional required sites, her goal is to support transforming teaching and learning through the use of creativity, collaboration, and technology.
The district's Digital Literacy and Learning Specialist...
- Plans and provides school-based and district-wide, ed. tech. infused professional development (through varied means- summer learning sessions, staff development days, self-paced courses, webinars, and more)
- Coaches teachers in and model design and implementation of learning experiences supported by technology using a variety of research-based, learner-centered instructional strategies, resources, and tools
- Maintains a current knowledge of effective instructional and coaching pedagogies
- Coaches teachers to address diverse needs and interests of all students through the use of instructional strategies that have proven to increase student achievement emphasizing innovation and higher order thinking skills
- Researches and evaluates new and emerging instructional technologies to enhance teaching and learning
- Models tech-infused lessons and co-teach in K-12 classrooms of all subject areas
- Manages and promotes the district's Professional Learning Lab and Innovation Studio
- And more
This year we contributed a goal to the District Professional Development Plan, and we continue to strive to build the capacity of all educators to integrate GSuite to improve collaboration and communication and transform teaching and learning. For more info, see the doc below.