Organized in conjunction with 5th IEEE WF-IoT 2019
The Internet of Things (IoT) has the potential to dramatically impact the way in which transportation and logistics systems are managed. In fact, by exploiting real time information collected in the field it is possible to reduce costs, improve the performance of managed transportation and logistic systems, and introduce novel services so supporting new business models. For this to happen, however, a close cooperation is necessary between experts of the vertical domains and IoT technology developers. In fact, real impact will be possible only if technologies are based on the actual application domain requirements and if vertical solutions will be developed considering the full potentials of available technologies.
In such a context, objective of this workshop is to bring together experts of the transportation and logistic domain as well as IoT researchers and practitioners so fostering the reach of a common language and playground to be used further R&D activities.
Accordingly, topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Internet of things and transportation systems
- IoT in logistics management
- Large scale IoT based warehouse systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- M2M communications in transportation and logistics
- Smart supply chain management
- IoT performance evaluation and modelling
- Data mining analytics applied to smart logistics systems
- IoT architecture, tools and applications for data analysis
- IoT platforms for big data and data analytics
- Fog and Edge computing
- Innovative Big Data processing for the IoT
- Smart environments and applications
- Machine learning and Real-time intelligence
- Intelligent sensors and sensing applications
- Challenges in big data storage and processing
- Mining and recommendation techniques for IoT environments
- Data mining techniques applied to transportation and logistic domain
Both transportation and logistics are going through paradigm shifts and in such contexts IoT is expected to play a key role. Nevertheless, for different reasons both the above domains are considered as of interest of operational researchers, as well as industrial and automation engineers, mostly.
Objective of this workshop is to move transportation and logistics towards the ICT community that is shaping IoT development.