Deadline for Applications: February 22, 2019 Midnight
COMMUNITY MULTI-SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: 2018-2019
The Mansfield Independent School District (MISD) Community Multi-Scholarship Program was originated in 1979 by Trinity Forge, Inc. and Mansfield State Bank. With the assistance of the high school counseling staff at Mansfield High School, two graduating seniors were awarded funds to pursue a college education. The basis of the program has always remained the same. The main objective has been to award as many scholarships as possible from local community groups to qualifying graduating seniors.
The process now includes all seniors and the counseling staffs at all of the MISD High Schools. It has expanded from two scholarships to over 117 scholarships and all are awarded each year to a student who is a graduating senior in the MISD. The original committee formulated only a few guidelines for the selection procedure, thus allowing the final selection and specific criteria of each donating member/group to remain a vital part of the overall award process.
- Each applicant must be a MISD graduating senior within the year of the awarded scholarship and each must be registered for college within one year of graduation from high school. Funds will be returned to the donor after one year.
- Each recipient must be registered as a full time college student and must provide the name of the post-secondary college or community/junior college in order to receive the scholarship proceeds from the awarding group. Each scholarship check will be mailed to the appropriate college in the student’s name during the summer. The scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, fees, etc. This is a one-time nonrenewable scholarship.
- Applicants may not be in receipt of any “full” scholarship funds in order to qualify (i.e., athletics, military academy, academic, etc.)
- Applicants must be able to complete all parts of the application packet:
- Application/Personal Information Page
- Student Resume or School & Community Activities & Honors Page
- Essay (see Essay Guidelines)
Please note: Your high school transcript will be added to your application by the district’s Guidance and Counseling Office.
Submitting Your Application
Once you have read and understand the admission criteria, click the link below to submit your application. Please know that once the application form is started, it must be completed in its entirety. You will NOT be able to save and resume later. You might consider typing essay answers in a word processing program prior to beginning the online application. You will be able to copy and paste answers from a word processing program into the online form.
If you would like to view the application before opening the application submission form, view the preview application link below.
The benefits of this program are numerous. The selection process is less burdensome for the students to apply for all of the scholarships for which he or she qualifies. The process is unbiased and nondiscriminatory. Local scholarship funds are further expanded to benefit the overall MISD graduating senior applicants. The individual scholarship committee member/donor benefits from a proven process.
Scholarships listed below were awarded in 2018:
Artist the Artist Memorial Scholarship
Asa Low Intermediate School PTA
Brooks Wester Middle School PTA
Charlotte Anderson Elementary School PTA
Chuck Roe Fine Arts Scholarship
Cora Spencer PTA
Della Icenhower Intermediate PTA
Donna Shepard Intermediate School PTA
Edwin Lynn Bowman Scholarship
J.L. Boren Elementary
John Williams Scholarship
Kiwanis Noon Club
Lake Ridge High School
Legacy High School PTSA
Linda Nix Memorial @BBIA
Mansfield Chamber of Commerce-Women’s Division
Joshua Thomas Carter Memorial
Mansfield Community Bank
Mansfield Food Services
Mansfield High School PTSA
Ponder Elementary School PTA
Mansfield Masonic Lodge
Mansfield Rotary Club
Mansfield Women’s Club
Martha Reid Elementary School PTA
Mary Orr Intermediate School PTA
Meredith Hatch Memorial Scholarship
Mouser Electronics-Engineering Scholarship
MRSEA-Mansfield Retired School Employees
Shannon Mabe Memorial Scholarship
Summit High School PTSA
T. A. Howard Middle School PTA
Tarver Rendon Elementary School PTA
Texas State Optical
Texas Trust Credit Union
Timberview High School PTSA
Virginia Malek - Willie Brown Elementary
Worley Middle School PTA