Early College High School
2018-2019 Admission Application
"Our mission is to develop scholars, thoughtful leaders and productive citizens to earn their high school diploma and up to 60 hours of college credit and/or an Associates Degree."
Application Window: November 27, 2017 through January 12, 2018
Deadline for Applications: January 12, 2018 @ 4:30 p.m.
Enrollment in the Mansfield Early College High School is by application only. Current 8th grade students within the MISD attendance zone may apply to attend. Interested students need to fully complete the application and meet deadlines for recruitment and registration.
As a designated Early College High School, the Texas Education Agency requires recruitment efforts to target the following areas:
- Students who want to accelerate through high school and focus on college curriculum at 9th grade.
- Students who are males.
- Students who are first-generation college-bound.
- Students who are traditionally underrepresented populations in college.
- Students who are Economically Disadvantaged.
- Students who maybe English Language Learners, Students with Disabilities or may meet areas identified by the State of Texas as At-Risk factors
Students who do not meet the target recruitment may still apply and get accepted into the school.
In order to be considered for admission into the MISD Early College High School, you must:
- Be a current 8th grade student
- Complete the entire application
- Be a resident/approved transfer student of MISD
- Attach the most current academic record/report card if you do not currently attend an MISD campus.
- If applicable, provide a copy of the most recent Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 modification plan
- Demonstrate maturity and potential to matriculate through a college setting
- Complete the parent/student interview process
- Commit to attend summer boot camp for one week
Submitting Your Application
Once you have read and understand the admission criteria, click the link below to submit your application. Please know that once the application form is started, it must be completed in its entirety. You will NOT be able to save and resume later. You might consider typing essay answers in a word processing program prior to beginning the online application. You will be able to copy and paste answers from a word processing program into the online form.
If you would like to view the application before opening the application submission form, view the preview application link below.