AN EVENING OF CONVERSATION -
TUESDAY, MARCH 26 - MILLBURN LIBRARY
MMAC invites your family to join us for an evening program that includes interactive performances by the Mental Health Players and a discussion by a panel of experts to address issues including anxiety, depression and other mental health issues, bullying and intolerance, substance abuse and other issues that you may be concerned about in our community.
Helping Your Child Develop Healthy Coping Skills for Life
Essential Tips & Tools for Modern Parents
New Providence HS/Middle School
Wednesday, March 13th at 7 pm
In Room 132 (Choir Room)
- Common stressors and symptoms (academic concerns, family dynamics, social anxiety, behavior problems, etc.)
- What's happening in the brain at this age
- Healthy Coping Skills (audience participation)
- What parents can do to help foster healthy psychological development
- Healthy parent/child relationships
- What to do when symptoms get more severe
The Education Foundation Presents ANGST
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:00pm MHS Auditorium
Screening of Angst, Raising Awareness Around Anxiety
Join us for a screening of Angst, Raising Awareness Around Anxiety at Millburn High School Auditorium at 7pm. Thanks to Millburn parents, Frank and Julie Cohen for their generous donation to the Ed Foundation so that we can bring this powerful documentary to our community.
A panel featuring MHS and MMS staff will follow the screening. We encourage you to send questions and topics for our post-screening discussion. All questions will remain anonymous. To submit a question, please click on this link: https://edfmsh.membershiptoolkit.com/packeta/639
We look forward to seeing you at this meaningful community event. Please
visit www.edfmsh.org for more information about the Ed Foundation.
MMAC Empower Hour
Tuesday, January 29
Millburn Public Library
Learn about the imminent expansion of medical marijuana and the legalization of recreational marijuana.
- How will this impact our state and our community?
- What are the legal and business issues that are involved in the process?
- What are the legal ramifications for families?
- How do you talk to your kids about the health and social issues that can arise from the use of marijuana?
Hear from land use and municipal attorney, Ed Purcell, Esq., of DiFrancesco, Bateman, Kinsman, Davis, Lehrer and Flaum about the complex legal issues that marijuana legalization will bring to businesses, schools and local governments.
Nancy Kislin, LCSW, will facilitate a frank discussion on how to talk to your kids about the legal and health ramifications of marijuana use.
Parents and teens are encouraged to attend
PTOC Parent Education Committee Presents
New York Times Columnist
Wednesday, October 17, 7:30 PM, MHS Auditorium
Join us for a great PARENT EDUCATION EVENT:
“America’s Customized Cocoons”
Consortium Parent Presentation: Wednesday, October 3
7 pm, Summit High School
Adolescence: the Good, the Bad and the Healthy
October 3, 2018¨7pm, Summit High School Auditorium
Join Phyllis Alongi, MS¨ NCC¨ LPC¨ ACS¨ Clinical Director of the Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide, Jamie Carvalho MA LAC LCADC Senior Clinician at Summit Behavioral Health and Tricia Baker founder and director of Attitudes in Reverse who will present information about teenage health, the challenges they face and where and how to get support.
Sponsored by the The Consortium of Berkeley Heights Chatham Millburn New†Providence Summit
MMAC Empower Hour: Tuesday, October 2
11 am, Millburn Public Library
Don’t Let Feeling Stressed Out and Anxious Become the New Normal in Your Home
Join Nancy Kislin, LCSW, MFT Family Psychotherapist and Parenting Coach for an informative conversation with tips and techniques to bring home to your family.
- Do you feel like you are “parenting” in between school work, activities, and screen time?
- Do you feel that your kids are too stressed out, anxious, depressed or just unhappy?
- Do YOU feel too stressed out and overwhelmed?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE! JOIN A WARM AND INVITING COMMUNITY TO LEARN STRATEGIES TO HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DEVELOP A HEALTHY BALANCE AND START THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR WITH NEW SKILLS AND NEW ENERGY!
Free and open to all parents in the community