Middle Georgia RESA School Improvement
Targeted Support and Intervention Schools (Tier II)
- Consistently Under-performing Subgroup: The school has at least one subgroup performing in the lowest 5% of all schools in at least 50% of CCRPI components.
- Additional Targeted Support: Among all schools identified in the “Consistently Under-performing Subgroup” category, the school has at least one subgroup that is performing in the lowest 5% of schools in all CCRPI components.
Comprehensive Support and Intervention Schools (Tier III)
- Lowest 5%: Title I schools that, when ranked according to their three-year CCRPI average, are among the lowest performing 5% of Title I schools in the state.
- Low Graduation Rate: High schools with a four-year adjusted cohort graduation rate less than or equal to 67%.
Promise Schools Between 5% and 10% (Tier III)
- Between 5% and 10%
- Same criteria as schools on the CSI List
Turn Around Schools (Tier IV)
- First Priority Act - HB 338
- Identified schools have a three-year average College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI) score that is in the bottom five percent of the state, excluding non-traditional schools and state special schools.
- The 2018 list includes all schools with a three-year CCRPI average of 55.3 and below. The list contains schools from 33 districts, which consist of 62 elementary schools, 26 middle schools, and 10 high schools.
Schools Supported by Middle Georgia RESA
- Appling Middle School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for AMS - Dr. Jerri Hall
- Ballard Hudson Middle School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader - Dr. Janet Greer
- Hartley Elementary School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for HES - Mrs. Bonnie Tomberlin
- Ingram-Pye Elementary School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for IPES - TBD
- Kay Road Elementary School, Peach County
- MGRESA Team Leaders for KRES - Mr. Anthony Pack & Dr. Tandi Pressley
- Riley Elementary School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for RES - Mrs. Karen Yarbrough
- Southfield Elementary School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for SES - Dr. Jerri Hall
- Union Elementary School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for UES - Mr. Anthony Pack
- Veterans Elementary School, Bibb County
- MGRESA Team Leader for VES - Mrs. Janne Childs
Virtual Professional Learning Opportunities
Teacher Clarity: Transparency for Learning
GaDOE School Improvement 's Teacher Clarity series will equip teachers and leaders with a deeper understanding of learning intentions and success criteria. Teacher Clarity is an evidence-based teaching strategy with an effect size that nearly doubles the rate of student learning when implemented with fidelity.
Participants will engage in a step-by-step process to move students toward demonstrating mastery. Participants will learn how to better articulate:
- WHAT their students need to learn
- WHY they are learning it
- HOW they will know they have learned it
Teacher Clarity: Transparency for Learning, Part 1
- Teacher Clarity, Part 1 Webinar Recording, May 20, 2020
- Teacher Clarity, Part 1 PPT, May 20, 2020.pdf
Teacher Clarity: Transparency for Learning, Part 2
- Teacher Clarity, Part 2 Webinar Recording, May 27, 2020
- Teacher Clarity, Part 2 PPT May 27, 2020.pdf
- The Tale of Two Classrooms.pdf
Monitoring Teacher Clarity Implementation
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Time: 1:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Monitoring Teacher Clarity Webinar Recording, June 3, 2020
- Monitoring Teacher Clarity, Part 3 PPT, June 3, 2020.pdf
- Teacher Clarity Implementation Plan Example.pdf
- Teacher Clarity Implementation Rubric.pdf
- Teacher Clarity Focus Walk Form Example 1.pdf
- Teacher Clarity Focus Walk Form Example 2.pdf
- Teacher Clarity Faculty Feedback Questionnaire.pdf