Mrs. Lane, MGES Counselor
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns. My phone number is 926-3177 and my e-mail is email@example.com.
Hello! I wanted to share with you some information about our school counseling program at the Mountain Grove Elementary School…
- Classroom Visits – I will be visiting your child’s classroom approximately twice a month. My lessons focus on safety, study skills, drug prevention, character education, career awareness, making friends, and resolving conflicts, just to name a few.
- Behavior Interventions – Sometimes I work with a student individually in check-in, check-out. The student has behavior goals to work on, and checks in and out with me twice a day. Parents are notified and give permission for their child to participate.
Sometimes I work with several students in a small group to teach and encourage appropriate social skills. Parents are notified and give permission for their child to come to Panther Power Club. We focus on active listening, following directions, and more.
Sometimes I help with mentoring or organizational skills.
- Individual Counseling – Sometimes a child just needs someone to listen to them. A student may visit with me about problems at school, with friends, or at home.
- Newcomer’s Club – If a child is new to our building and enrolled after Labor Day, I may invite them to Newcomer’s Club. We play games and learn some of the vocabulary that we use in our building, such as KHFOOTY, voice levels, and SSS lines.
- IDEAL Team – The IDEAL Team is a problem-solving team to help teachers and parents with academic concerns for children. One of our responsibilities is to screen children for possible special education needs. If you have any concerns that we can help with, please feel free to talk with your classroom teacher or myself concerning an IDEAL team referral.
- PBS (Positive Behavior Support) Team – The PBS Team is beginning our 12th year. We are excited to have earned Gold Recognition for our achievements, and will continue to work hard to meet the needs of our students and parents in the year to come. The PBS Team has been trained to help with behavioral concerns for children. If you have any concerns that we can help with, please feel free to talk with your classroom teacher or myself concerning a PBS behavioral referral.
- Testing Dates – Please mark these testing dates on your calendar!
- Otis-Lennon School Ability Test (OLSAT) (1st grade only) – September 25-26, 2018
- MAP Grade Level Assessment (Third and Fourth Grades only) – April 29 - May 3, 2019