Dear Parents and Guardians:
Our Physical Education program at Wemrock Brook School offers a variety of activities both of individual and group participation. We would appreciate your cooperation in helping us provide a healthy and safe environment for your children.
To keep our experiences safe and healthy, we have developed the following safety rules:
Clothing: Comfortable fitting, preferably clothing made for activity.
- Shoes: Sneakers with rubber soles, skid proof, arch support, with ties or Velcro to be secured properly. Slip-ons should not slip off!
- Other factors to insure safety and prevent injury:
- **No gum , food, or candy.
**No jewelry – watches, rings, bracelets, long earrings, or chains.
**Eyeglass guards are recommended.
If your child is medically excused from gym class, a note from a parent or doctor is required.
- The note must be presented to the nurse the first thing in the morning to obtain a gym excuse.
- Parents may write an excuse for a child for a slight injury, sickness, etc. for one or two (consecutive) days. After two consecutive days, a doctor’s note is required.
- If injured during class, student must report the incident to Mr. Peck or Ms. Petracca immediately.
Students grades will be determined based on the following:
- Achievement of Skills
- Subjective/Objective Testing
- Special Projects
*** Please not that this is NOT an inclusive list and can vary each marking period.
Our Physical Education program is designed to help motivate students achieve lifelong fitness and wellness. With everyone’s cooperation, the experiences in Physical Education should be rewarding, safe, and FUN!
Physical Education Rules- Consequences & Rewards
A- Act Safely
B- Be Prepared/Be Positive
D- Do your best
Our Physcial Education Motto: “Work Hard, Play Hard”
- Verbal Warning
- Time-Out from activity to reflect/readjust for success
- Time-Out & complete “Think Sheet”
- Call Home
- Referral to Administration
*Immediate referral to administration
- Verbal Praise
- PE certificates
- Choice of Activities